24th November 2010, 10:53 PM
jayashree venkatesh

What is better after BCA, MBA or MCA?

I did my 12th with computer science and maths subjects and secured 65%. Now I am doing BCA final year in Madras University. I am confused in choosing stream after my graduation. Do I go for MBA or MCA? Please give me valuable suggestions.
Jayshree

25th November 2010, 02:59 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: What is better after BCA, MBA or MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayashree venkatesh View Post
I did my 12th with computer science and maths subjects and secured 65%. Now I am doing BCA final year in Madras University. I am confused in choosing stream after my graduation. Do I go for MBA or MCA? Please give me valuable suggestions.
Jayshree

If you are planning for a technical side i would recommend for MCA...

but if planning for managing side the best option would be MBA...

and MBA is always paid more.

now a days market wise MBA is better than MCA.
25th November 2010, 07:45 AM
avinash0094

Default Re: What is better after BCA, MBA or MCA?

After BCA, MBA is best for you because it is a managment course and many demand of MBA holder in the company. after MBA you can a good job in a big company.
25th November 2010, 08:38 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello Jayshree,

you did 12th with computer science and maths subjects . Now you are a BCA final year student.
from 12th you are associated with computers , that ie you can fell more comfert with computer associated subjects thats why you should better go for MCA.

good luck........
25th November 2010, 09:15 AM
mishra245

U can do both mba or mca programme after bca.. If u interested in bussiness line then u can do mba and if u have technically sound than u will go for mca..
Its totally depends upon you.
25th November 2010, 12:03 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

after BCA what you will study it will depend on your personal interest. here i am giving just some information about both the courses.

MBA: MBA is master in business administration. it is totally study on business. if you have interest enough to be related with business then MBA is a good option for you. the salary after completion of MBA is very high. job opportunity is also good. but technical knowledge requirement in MBA job is very less. but your computer knowledge of your BCA will be helpful at the time of work and you will face some advantages also.

MCA: MCA is master degree in computer application. here you have to study on computer. after MCA you will be eligible to join as a lecturer in an institution. also you may join in many company. you may work in software field. whatever you have learned in your BCA will be very much helpful to study MCA.

if you have got a good interest in your BCA then i think the best option for you is MCA. but if you do not like your BCA study and further you want to study in management subject then go for MBA.

best wishes.
25th November 2010, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/madam,

Hello my name is nikhil and m from Punjab (India). i am a student and completed my graduation with Psychology and computer subjects..plz advise me in which field i go.. in psychology or in computer ??? i have same interest in both subjects..but i prefer psychology.. plz advise me what can i do after graduation in psychology. or in computer also. or if i go with psychology then which field is best for me or have any scope i future.?plz advise me i am in big trouble to choose .. hope u can help me.. i shall be very thankful to you...
25th November 2010, 03:38 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

After BCA the best courses to undertake at the post graduate level are:
MBA
MCA

Both these courses offer bright career prospect in terms of growing demand, attractive salary & high promotional opportunity. You can choose any one of them depending up on your knowledge, skill 7 interest.

If you have a passion for computer science then you should do MCA.

If you are interested in management study & wants to work in diverse industry then you should take up MBA. You can choose any one of the specializations in MBA like finance, marketing, HR, international business, hospitality, banking & insurance, retail management etc
25th November 2010, 07:30 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
It totally depends on your skills and your area of interest what you should opt. MBA or MCA.Since both of these fields are equally professional and both do have good scopes.It totally depends in which direction you wants to accelerate your career.

Though it is also necessary to identify your skills,weather you have technical brain or have good management skills.

If you want to do job in computer industries along with management then you go for MBA and you do have the related graduation qualification in the form of BCA.

If you go for MCA,you will have opportunities in IT industries and various other industries as most of the organization have its own IT department.

So depending on your skills,your interest and ability choose the correct option.

Good Luck.
25th November 2010, 08:15 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

According to me, after BCA if you can go for MCA, then its best for you. Because you can perform well in MCA rather than MBA.

For you MBA is quite different field than MCA. In MBA you can learn about management.

But in MCA you can learn about software and networking. Both are good course in now a days. But, if you can go for MCA, then it is best for you.

There are lots of jobs are availiable for MCA candidates. You can work in any IT companies like Wipro, Infosys.

So, i will suggest you, just choose field according to your personal interest. If you are the master in Software and networking field, then MCA is best.

So, MCA is better because it have better scope for job and you have done your BCA it is better field for you.
25th November 2010, 08:54 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Well friend,

I would suggest you initially to choose the course of your own interest.
Even then if you are not come to an idea then i would suggest you to go for MBA.

Because nowadays these people are in more demand. The companies are hiring these people by paying more.

Once you complete successfully your MBA, you may be good at your
1.Communication and soft skills
2.Corporate knowledge
3.Ability to think on your own for to start a venture or for to start a business.

MCA people still they are not having enough opportunities but in the upcoming future software people will have great demand.
Simple example is TCS told that it is going to recruit 50000 employees by the end of next year.

So all the best.
21st December 2010, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

which field is better for job after mca.
26th December 2010, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

sir please suggest me mca top college in banglore
26th December 2010, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

i have done BCA now what to do and which is paid more MBA or MCA.
26th December 2010, 11:28 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is better after BCA, MBA or MCA?

Quote:
Jayshree
both the fields that is MBA and MCA are good in its place ..it is purely your decision to choose the field...
MBA--if you want to go in management side or buisness side.
qualified exam-cat,mat..
and MCA -- if you want to go masters in Computers and want to be in software field

both the fields are having good scope and career but choice should be based on your interest!!!!!!!
26th December 2010, 11:38 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: What is better after BCA, MBA or MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done BCA now what to do and which is paid more MBA or MCA.
Dear friend,
Both are valueable for your future,and it is totaly your personal choice,i will suggest you if your technical skill is very good then go for MCA,otherwise go for MBA...
27th December 2010, 12:04 AM
Meenu.D

MCA is more better than the MBA.Because mba is somewhat not related to your studies.But mca is completly related on your bca. So my thought is mca is better for ur pg.

All the best..........
27th December 2010, 12:08 AM
Meenu.D

mca is more better than the mba. because mca is related to your field......... Best of luck.........
27th December 2010, 12:14 AM
Meenu.D

Quote:
Jayshree
mca is better because now you have do your bca....but mba is related to management fiald.. so select mca All the best.......
27th December 2010, 12:40 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What is better after BCA, MBA or MCA?

Hi dear

well all three filed have there prestigeous value .
But better to choose that filed in which you are intersted then it is easy for you to persue that perticular filed.

So if you are intersted in managment filed then it is benifical to you to choose MBA filed there is lots of money in MBA filed

But as now you are persuing BCA final year then i suggest you to do MCA because knowledge of BCA is helpfull to you to persue
MCA .

After completing the MCA you will get job in big company with high package .

good luck jaishree.........
27th December 2010, 07:00 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
better after BCA, MBA or MCA

good luck.
27th December 2010, 07:13 PM
anaspeer

The best option is to go for MCA, If you want to become a computer professional. Doing MBA is related to the field of administration.

And I don't think you can shine well in doing MBA.

Do MCA in well recongnized college which can offer you campus placements.

All the best.
27th December 2010, 07:43 PM
pratiktortikar

Quote:
Jayshree
If you are planning in business course then you can opt so called MBA.However MBA is much much better than MCA in all aspects.

If you have interest in computer applications or in any of the technical aspects then MCA will be good for you.
27th December 2010, 10:55 PM
bikenindia

Hello,

Both MBA and MCA are very good master's course.
Since you are a BCA graduate and if you are having so much interest in computers and if you would like to continue, then go for MCA.
MBA is about business, there are so many branches such as finalcial, health, marketing, etc. If you want to go in Business field, then you can take MBA. For this, you need to write CAT or MAT if you want to study in some best B Schools in India.

All the best
28th December 2010, 12:44 AM
nishant1110

Both these fields have equally bright future prospects. However, consider the following:

If you love computers and want to stay with computing after graduation and find your career in it, go for MCA.

If you want to mix business and marketing into your career, and widen the scope of employment to companies other than computing, go MBA.

In the end, it really is personal choice.
28th December 2010, 12:53 AM
nishant1110

Both these fields have equally bright future prospects. However, consider the following:

If you love computers and want to stay with computing after graduation and find your career in it, go for MCA.

If you want to mix business and marketing into your career, and widen the scope of employment to companies other than computing, go MBA.

In the end, it really is personal choice.
28th December 2010, 07:13 AM
Meenu.D

Quote:
Jayshree
Depends upon your current studies MCA is much better than MBA...

And it will depends upon your interest.Because some of them are very interested in managent field.........

But if you have a software skills or interest in software then select mca is good for you

Now lot of IT companies are there ....so its a great oppurtunity for getting a job......

So choose Mca is better for your higher studies and also secure your job........

Think twice or thrice.. Before selecting the degree.......

Best of luck..............
28th December 2010, 12:47 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Jayshree
dear friend i will recommend you to go for MCA course because you have already completed your BCA degree and it would be relatively easy for you to complete master degree in the same field i.e-MCA. on the other hand MBA is totally a different field and you will face a problem initially after joing this course . both MBA and MCA contain a number of job opportunities but you should join mca.

good luck
30th December 2010, 07:32 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

dear friend.

both course value able course.but you already pursing the b.c.a and go for

mca.this is better choice.you have already in learn some application and

you can learn more application.that is useful for the you future.but the

choice is your.
31st December 2010, 09:29 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see,before MCA/MBA you have to do a graduation course.

and MCA and MBA both are different field.

one side you have to do software related work, where as in other side you have to look in the manegerial work.

but to do MBA minimum graduation qualification is require.

so BCA will be best option before doing MBA.

best of luck.............
3rd January 2011, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

m siya..pursuing bca-2nd from mjpr university bareilly ...please tel me which is better after bca,mba or mca...and which stream has better scope for future...n please suggest me beeter college for mba and mca both..?
28th January 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i m doing my bca frm raj.uni. i wan't to know that can i go in bank sectors.
15th February 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about which trade is best 4 me fianance, marketing , or IT ? I hv done graduation in B.C.A
4th March 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

why did you select bca after mba if interviewer ask what should we reply
29th April 2011, 01:21 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

It is based on you dear...you can go for MBA or MCA it is your choice but on my view MCA is best career option after BCA,......
20th May 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

which course is called as mca in uk .
OR which is equivalent to mca i uk universities
26th May 2011, 08:02 AM
stranger351

MBA and MCA both are different fields MBA is management course and MCA is master in computer application..and both are th Master degrees..
BCA is graduation course which is good it is of 3 year any candidate which completed his 12th are eligible for this so i will advised you go for BCA first and then go for MCA and then go for JOB..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MBA-or-MCA.png
Views:	116
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	31996  
3rd June 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is prashant dixit i m doing bca and i m want to mba so which trade is best for mba according to my study or market scope
3rd June 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

best trade for mba after bca or market scope
7th June 2011, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

i have doubt plz can u tell me if we are preparing 4 bca then how can we go 4 mba rather than mca is bca is basic study 4 mba???
20th July 2011, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir a hav a big confusion to choose the course mba or mca... and i have done my bca degree on this year. i take the admmision on any university for mca.. bt i m not satisfied with mca bcz my software knowledge is not vry good....... i m in a vry big confussion plz help me sir
25th July 2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am akansha i am student bca i want to mca how to mca how to form
26th July 2011, 12:18 AM
Muditaga

MCA is better because after completing BCA you have knowledge of languages of computer. It is easy to you do MCA.
If you choose MBA your field is different now from whatever you studied till now if you qualified 10+2 with science stream. Accounts is very difficult to you.
Vacancy is also good in computer field.
So I recommend you to do MCA instead of MBA
27th July 2011, 10:42 AM
SuyashKumar

Thumbs up Re: What is better after BCA, MBA or MCA?

Quote:
Jayshree
HELLO.......
You are doing BCa and you are confused about your career after BCA in future between MBA and MCA. Both degree are reputed degree and both degree demand is good in job sector whatever you want to do both are best for you.

In MCA you have many subject papers which you study you further study in BCA and many papers of math are also. So this course is easy and understandable for you.

In MBA you have many commerce papers which are some typical and different for you. But in some days you enjoy this course and make you career bright as you want.

So you have to take decision from easy mind and whatever you want to do in future both are good for your future.

So ALL THE BEST WITH LOTS OF GOOD WISHES...
27th July 2011, 12:16 PM
ankit049
Member+

What is better after BCA, MBA or MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayashree venkatesh
Jayshree

thanking you
13th August 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

hi ... i finished my bca...and hav given entrance for both MCA and MBA .......after reading so many suggestion m still confused abt wat to do aftr BCA.....
31st October 2011, 11:53 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

10th February 2012, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_4 View Post

i m the student of BCA 1st year in nshm college durgapur.(WBUT).i think MCA is best opetion after BCA.MBA is fully manegement course but MCA is the combination of technical and manegement course.ALL THE BEST FOR UR CARRIOUR.
3rd March 2012, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

I have complited BCA in 2010 With 60%. Then what will be i chooice MBA /MCA in short perioud long life..?
5th March 2012, 09:01 PM
TrinityKiller

MCA and Wipro Wase programs both are good courses.
You can choose anyone of them after that you have many scopes you will get a good job and also gets good salary package.
But I think MCA is a good course and also beneficial for your carrier.
MCA is a master degree and it is a software course. And it has many scopes so it is better to choose MCA.
After that you will get a good job in many software companies and also get good salary package.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?