6th June 2010, 06:30 PM
aditya 999

Should I pursue engineering or should I try for other course after answering badly in engineering exams? Which course should I take up?

I screwed up my engineering exams and i am doubtful about getting a seat in a good engineering college.should I pursue engineering or opt for another course,if so which course would be better to take up?please help me out

Related Questions:
  1. Can I change my subject in 12th after joining the school?
  2. Best stream for engineering which I should pursue after qualifying engineering exam?
  3. Which course should I take up after 12th? Should I pursue engineering or opt for another course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of streams available to study in B.Tech
  5. Which exams one should take to pursue MS in Automobile engineering in Germany?
  6. How to join IAF electronic training institute in Bangalore after completing diploma in EC?
  7. What is the procedure to pursue Engineering? Which is the most demanded branch in Engineering?
  8. Can I pursue engineering after scoring 42% in 10th exams? In which type of engineering diploma colleges can I get? Eligibility criteria for it?
  9. How to pursue MS in electronics and communication?
  10. Best engineering colleges in South India? Is it possible to join Aeronautical Engineering College without answering any entrance exam?
  11. Can I pursue B.Tech Engineering from other States after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Andhra Pradesh? Which exams are conducted in other states for admission in Engineering? -- [New]
  12. Courses that can be done after passing 12th? I wan't to become a space scientist
  13. Can I pursue B.Tech in Engineering with distance mode after completing Diploma in Engineering?
  14. Which course to do after completing Diploma E&TC with 3 years experience in Automobile Industry?
  15. Can I do Post Graduation in Marine Engineering after BE E&TC? Duration of course?
  16. Eligibility to pursue B.E in Aerospace engineering in Italy? Recommended entrance exams and scholarship for study in Italy?
  17. When will the iSEET exam be held? I want to pursue engineering course
  18. Should I pursue Hotel Management course after taking admission in Engineering? Will it be a good option?
20th May 2011, 04:50 PM
metalhead2985

Default Re: Should I pursue engineering or should I try for other course after answering badly in engineering exams? Which course should I take up?

So you did bad in your engineering entrance examination.
Was this due to lack of prepration or lack of intrest?
You have to find the answer of this question.
Are you really intrested in doing engineering?
If yes then drop a year and prepare again for various engineering entrance examinations. Definitely you can secure a place in a good institute.
If you are not intrested in engineering and that's why you screwed your paper then go for some other degree.
You can go for degree in architecture B.arch.
Also you can go for Bsc in Physics, maths, and IT.
You can also give hotel management entrance examination for a Bsc in Hotel management .
You can also change your track to commerce if you are intrested in a course in Charted accountancy.
20th May 2011, 07:36 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I pursue engineering or should I try for other course after answering badly in engineering exams? Which course should I take up?

You have an option to take the exam next year. But this time you need to well prepared for it. But you must take the decision based on whether you are sure that you would like be an engineer or any thing else. If you feel that some other area will be better then you need to check where your strengths lie. Based on that select the courses available and which is the best option out of it.
21st May 2011, 05:38 PM
alphagamma

Dont worry men....."Failures are the pillars of success"......
r u really interested in engineering or some else course......If you are interested in engineering then don't go for any other course...just take a drop after class 12th and start from scratch once again......I believe you will surely succeed....
All the best!!!
18th June 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my 12th exam with 72.8%.is there any good institute in delhi to study mechanical engineer.please reply me soon.
21st June 2011, 02:58 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
yes , i think you continue your engineering rather than drop a year. if you really want to go in technical field then go for engineering .. the college will not be a factor..
if you give a good performance in your college then you will definitely get a good job after completion of your graduation..
if you are so much confidence that if you drop a year then you will do better in entrance exam then go for that..
all the best..
all the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?