6th June 2010, 06:49 PM
aditya 999

Which course should I take up after 12th? Should I pursue engineering or opt for another course?

I screwed up my engineering exams and I am doubtful about getting a seat in a good engineering college.should I pursue engineering or opt for another course,if so which course is better to take up? please help me out

1st March 2011, 05:44 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I take up after 12th? Should I pursue engineering or opt for another course?

You need to take a decision based on what you feel your career path should be. If you are keen to be an engineer then you must probably take a risk and appear for the exam again next year. If you would like to pursue a course now you can go in for the B.Sc course and then pursue M.Sc. Thereafter you can pursue the M.Tech course. You also have the option to go in for BCA course.
1st March 2011, 09:37 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which course should I take up after 12th? Should I pursue engineering or opt for another course?

Hello Aditya,

I can understand your problem. Just don't be hesitated about your career at this stage.

If you are really interested in taking up engineering as your future career then you should try for it ,well not for this time,but at least you can prepare for the next one year again.

There is a case of losing one academic year, but if you are sure about making good score next time in entrance exams,this will not matter.

Other than this, you can go for general science study courses,like taking up graduation with Honors in Physics/Chemistry/Maths.

You can also do BCA, after 12th,which has also great career prospects in the emerging IT sector.

Now it is your choice what you would like to do next. Good luck!!
1st March 2011, 02:26 PM
swarupdey89

Let me tell you one thing first that Engineering is not only one course...

There are ample of courses that have bright future...

Now you have to decide what Course you should take according to your interest...

If you are really interested on engineering courses then be prepare with it and you will definitely do better next time...
you can even do diploma then enter into engineering degree courses....
Best of luck...
1st March 2011, 02:29 PM
swarupdey89

Let me tell you one thing first that Engineering is not only one course...

Now you have to decide what Course you should take according to your interest...

If you are really interested on engineering courses then be prepare with it and you will definitely do better next time...
you can even do diploma then enter into engineering degree courses....
Best of luck...
1st March 2011, 02:34 PM
shivaranjan.v.

you better join degree course(B.C.A). after completing B.C.A join M.C.A..you can get a good job and you can live a happy life..
1st March 2011, 07:07 PM
narmadha gone

i suggest you to get into engineering college. after joining in engineering college perform well and do hardwork you will definitely get good oppurtunities if you perform well in your course all the best
1st March 2011, 08:07 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

there are different courses to continue after 12th standard.If you completed 12th with maths,physics,chemistry subjects,then you can for engineering or pharmacy.
If you have completed 12th with physics,chemistry,botany,zoology,then you have only two option that ...........1.pharmacy
2.medicine
if you have completed 12th with maths,economics,commerce, subject then better to do ca i.e chated accounts.......that will good demand in future....
1st March 2011, 10:07 PM
Arvi.S

Hello,
Its upto you to choose, if u like computer sofware/hardware go for CSE/IT (or) if u like electrical related go for ECE/EEE/ETC. You decide which stream u want to take and act accordingly.

All the best ! ! !
2nd March 2011, 02:13 PM
N.KALPANA DEVI

it is easy to choose course. Because as a student i know my career. So if you are a flexible student means you can choose any course. But it is difficult to move further. So choose the course depends upon your aim and move towards it. In which you have interest move towards on it. if you have interest you surely get success through it. All the best for your future.
2nd March 2011, 04:33 PM
suyogkool

Today in the era of technology you must try for something innovative like:
1.Clinical research
2. POLY-TECHNIQUE.(Diploma)
3.You may try picture or image designing i.e.learn photoshop.
4.Do some computer course.
5.Website designing.
Or if you are interested in some game take its coaching.
IIPM is providing beller oppurtunities for Best MBA OR BBA courses.
JUst GO FOR IT!!!!
2nd March 2011, 04:36 PM
suyogkool

Today in the era of technology you must try for something innovative like:
1.Clinical research
2. POLY-TECHNIQUE.(Diploma)
3.You may try picture or image designing i.e.learn photoshop.
4.Do some computer course.
5.Website designing.
Or if you are interested in some game take its coaching.
IIPM is providing beller oppurtunities for Best MBA OR BBA courses.
JUst GO FOR IT!!!!
2nd March 2011, 09:45 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Which course should I take up after 12th? Should I pursue engineering or opt for another course?

Why you get so demotivated , it happen with so many students .... you have more chance to appear for AIEEE and IITJEE, besides you can appear for BITSAT, VIT, DCE , NSIT.
Try to point out mistake which you have commited and not repeat them , this is the only key to success in competitive exams.

Dont change field , try to face competition if you want to go high in your life..!!
3rd March 2011, 03:19 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

well it is totally your choice what you want to do in your life .its better if you choose your area of interest rather then going with flow .

well as you said you have screwed exam this time it mean that your interest is in

engineering .so i would like to tell you it doesn't matter at all after 2year passing

from any engineering .it totally depends on you how good you are in your field how much

knowledge do u have .so choice is yours .
3rd March 2011, 07:47 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hiii

course should I take up after 12th
you can even do diploma then enter into engineering degree courses.

good luck
3rd March 2011, 11:49 AM
k.ajaykumar

u must take the right course on ur decision is it engineering r any other course as u wish because it is the right to choose ur own
3rd March 2011, 12:44 PM
krupadesai

If you are not getting into very good engineering colleges, presently you can join any B. Sc. course with subject of your interest.

If you are very much keen on joining into engineering courses, than start preparing for aieee & other entrance exams so that next year you can crack them with a very good score.

Otherwise even with B.Sc. course with your interested subject you can score good marks, pursue M. Sc. & further apply for research work or M. Tech.

In either case you can progress well, do take up the wise decision & be best in whichever option you choose. That will help you in catalyzing your career & bring success.
3rd March 2011, 02:41 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

If you have a passion for engineering then i will suggest you to opt for BTech course. If you are not able to get admission in some good engineering colleges this year then you may wait for another year, prepare well & crack the engineering entrance exam successfully.

But you should drop a year only when you are confident that you will clear the exam next year.

Well, there are various career options available to you other than engineering like architecture, pharmacy, management,computer applications etc. You can choose any one of them dependind up on your interest, knowledge & skill
3rd March 2011, 03:17 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

After 12th with PCM standard many courses are available such as B.E. or B.Tech. or B.Sc. or BCA or BBA or B.Com. or B.A.

According to my opinion you can choose a subject in which you are having interest.

But now a days engineering courses are in boom......so also do engineering.

Good Luck
3rd March 2011, 04:44 PM
samreen haji

i think you should take up engineering as it is the best course if you are really interested in it.mechanical,instrumentation,civil there are many field which you can take up.nothing is easy,bt if you do hardwork you will get successd.first analyze your potential your capability.
3rd March 2011, 05:24 PM

hI FRIEND,
First of all decide yourself that in which field you have interest either towards technical or towards business aor management then only i can suggest you better.
3rd March 2011, 07:45 PM
yogs.singh

Let me tell you one thing first that Engineering is not only one course

there are many courses for which you can apply like-

BCA

BSC

ANIMATION (PGDMA)

HOTEL MANAGEMENT

OR IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE IN ENGINEERING YOU CAN PREPARE WELL THIS YEAR FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAM , JOIN SOME GOOD COACHING
AND THEN APPLY FOR IT NEXT TIME
11th May 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

PL. don't give off ur wish. If ur really interested in Engineering Course, do well in next Entrance exam. I suggest u to choose IT related course only as they are in Boom now and forever. All the best.........
13th July 2011, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Hello my self bobby I just passed 12th class stream arts which course i should have to do and i can get a job in London or America
29th July 2011, 11:25 AM
myspace

1. Graduation: you can go for B.com or BBM

2.CA: charted accountant is a professional course. there is a huge demand for charted accountants. Aspirants of CA should qualify CPT exam.

candidates who want to plan their career in the the commerce or financial sector should have sound domain knowledge.

so put significant effort to learn the concepts and master the subjects so that you will become the expert.

29th July 2011, 11:26 AM
myspace

1. Graduation: you can go for B.com or BBM

2.CA: charted accountant is a professional course. there is a huge demand for charted accountants. Aspirants of CA should qualify CPT exam.

candidates who want to plan their career in the the commerce or financial sector should have sound domain knowledge.

so put significant effort to learn the concepts and master the subjects so that you will become the expert.

11th September 2011, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

i have 42% in in p,c,m..& in h.s.c i got 49%.i want to do engineering where got i get admission.
7th March 2015, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Is it will be good to compete for iit, bitsat etc. When they allow only two chances
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?