25th June 2018, 08:47 AM
Krushna Prasad Das

Steps to become a Chief Vigilance Officer for BTech(Software Engineering) student?

Hello everyone, I want to become a Chief Vigilance Officer. Right now, I am studying in BTech with Software Engineering. I would like to know about the steps through which I can achieve my aim. Waiting for your response!

4th July 2018, 09:31 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become a Chief Vigilance Officer for BTech(Software Engineering) student?

To become Chief Vigilance Officer, you will have to apply for SSC CGL Exam that is conducted by SSC every year.

But vacancies/posts for Cheif Vigilance Officer is very low, so cutoff is generally very high because of which it becomes difficult for a candidate to get selected for Chief Vigilance Officer.

SSC CGL stands for SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam.

To appear for SSC CGL exam, you must have completed your graduation in any field/course. Also, you can appear for SSC CGL exam in final year of your graduation.
6th July 2018, 08:43 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become a Chief Vigilance Officer for BTech(Software Engineering) student?

Procedure to become a Chief Vigilance Officer:

In order to become a Chief Vigilance Officer, you are required to meet the basic eligibility criteria and follow the given instructions.

The basic educational qualification required to become a Civil Vigilance Officer is "Graduation" or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

You are required to appear in Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Hence, you are required to qualify prelims first and then you will be called to attend Mains Examination. After that, you will be called to attend Personal Interview. You are required to choose "Civil Vigilance" as your first option while filling Civil Services Application Form.
7th July 2018, 08:32 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

The steps for becoming Vigilance officer are mentioned below:

- You need to complete your graduation i.e., B.Tech in Software engineering.
- Apply for the Combined Graduate Exam conducted by UPSC.
- This exam is conducted once in every year.
- You need to visit the official website of UPSC and fill the application form with all the required details.
- Pay the fees and submit the form.
- Attend the exam and qualify it in merit.
- Based on your performance in the exam you’ll be appointed in any central government department.
- After getting 1-2 years of experience you can apply for the Vigilance officer post.

For notifications and other details visit the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?