21st November 2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria of Chartered accountant exam after passing B.Sc?

I just passed my b.sc (mathematics, computer applications and management). I want to do chartered accountant (CA). Am I eligible for CA after graduation? Please reply me sir at earliest?

21st November 2015, 10:24 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility criteria of Chartered accountant exam after passing B.Sc?

Chartered Accountancy is a course which has three levels:

1. Common Proficiency Test: Eligibility criteria is 10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board.

2. Integrated Professional Competence course.

Bachelor's degree passed candidate can directly appear for this stage if they have 55% or more in commerce stream and 60% or more in non commerce stream.

You are from bachelor's degree in science, so you must have 60% or more to be eligible for direct IPCC otherwise, you must apply for the CPT.

3. Final course.
21st November 2015, 11:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria of Chartered accountant exam after passing B.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just passed my b.sc (mathematics, computer applications and management). I want to do chartered accountant (CA). Am I eligible for CA after graduation? Please reply me sir at earliest?
You need to score at least 60% of marks in B.Sc to be eligible for Chartered Accountant Intermediate course. If you fail to score 60% of marks in B.Sc then you are not eligible for Intermediate course. Those who score below 60% of of marks in Graduation are eligible to apply for CPT or CA Foundation course.
22nd November 2015, 01:40 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can do CA after completion of your graduation also, there is no harm in it. However, below I have mentioned some details regarding the course.

KIndly have a look at it.

Eligibility for CA:

> Candidate should have completed his/her +2 level of examination from a recognized University

> Candidates having cleared their graduation will however be exempted from Competency Professional Test(not for those candidates who have scored less than 55% in their graduation).

Entrance examination for CA;

CPT is considered as the entrance examination for CA course. The total marks for this examiantion is 400 marks and the time duration is 4 hours. It however consists of 4 topics, namely;

> Fundamentals of Accounting

> Mercantile Law

> General Economics

> Quantitative Aptitudes

NOTE: Negative marks are there for any wrong answer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?