12th February 2016, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join CA having 6 years of gap after +2?

I have finished my +2 with 83% in 2006 and was not able to continue my studies. But I love doing CA, is it possible for me to join now and am I eligible to do so?

12th February 2016, 11:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join CA having 6 years of gap after +2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have finished my +2 with 83% in 2006 and was not able to continue my studies. But I love doing CA, is it possible for me to join now and am I eligible to do so?
Yes, you can do Chartered Accountant course after six year gap. There is no age limit required for Chartered Accountant course. The minimum educational qualification required to pursue for a Chartered accountant is a pass in Intermediate in any discipline from a recognized board. Three levels during Chartered Accountancy course such as,

- Foundation course
- Intermediate
- Final CA course

Those who interested to become a Chartered Accountant should register with Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for the Common Proficiency Test (CPT).

For more Information, please visit the official website - www.icai.org.in/
13th February 2016, 12:19 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Common Proficiency Test which is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy course. Those who have passed 10+2 from a recognized board can apply for CPT. CPT is conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in June and December every year.

It is an objective exam and has questions from commerce stream subjects like Economics, Mercantile law, Aptitude, Fundamentals of Accountancy. To pass this test, you must obtain at least 30% marks in each subjects mentioned above and overall 50% aggregate in test.

CPT is followed by Integrated Professional Competence course which is second stage of this course and last stage is final course. You can visit www.icai.org for any more details regarding Chartered Accountancy and its different stage.
13th February 2016, 12:27 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join CA course, there is no problem in it. Below, I have mentioned the eligibility requirement in order to be eligible to appear for the entrance for CA, kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility for CA:

> Candidate should have completed his/her +2 level of examination from a recognized University

> Candidates having cleared their graduation in B.Com will however be exempted from Competency Professional Test(not for those candidates who have scored less than 55% in their graduation).

Entrance examination for CA;

CPT is considered as the entrance examination for CA course. The total marks for this examintion is 400 marks and the time duration is 4 hours. It however consists of 4 topics, namely;

> Fundamentals of Accounting

> Mercantile Law

> General Economics

> Quantitative Aptitudes

NOTE: Negative marks are there for any wrong answer.
18th February 2019, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to join CA having 6 years of gap after 2?

Is it possible to continue ca course after taking three years gap on intermediary exam.
14th March 2019, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

How can i rejoin CA if i have taken a gap of 4 years gap after my ipcc attempt uncleared.
25th May 2019, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I rejoin CA after a gap of 10 years? I'm a commerce graduate with 71%marks. I had given cpt exam in 2007 and left CA in 2008 due to marriage. I had applied for IPCC but not gave the exam.is it possible to rejoin CA after so many years?
6th June 2019, 07:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed 10th class in 2012 HBSE board and the date of examination on which September 2012 and 12th passed in 2014 march 2014 and graduation completed in 2017 and sir when i try to apply for CA registration in which show the minimum difference between 10th and 12th 2 year sir tell me what i can do now
11th September 2019, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join ca having 12years of gap after graduation in commerce?
3rd September 2020, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my SSC in 2007, HSC in 2010 and I'm undergraduate. I have one year gap between SSC and HSC. Can I Join CA foundation for May 2021?
31st December 2020, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my cpt in june 2014. i registered for ca intermediate (ipcc) in the same year , the validity was lapsed as of now and i want to write my ca intermediate (ipcc ) again from cpt route . kindly guide me the procedure to be followed.
2nd January 2021, 11:03 AM
prynsh7

Eligibility for CA:

* Candidate should have completed his/her +2 level of examination from a recognized University

* Candidates having cleared their graduation in B.Com will however be exempted from Competency Professional Test(not for those candidates who have scored less than 55% in their graduation).

>> so yes, you can join CA course, there is no problem.

Note:
After taking such a long gap, you would be loosing interest in your studies. But if u have good circle or if you are fully dedicated towards it, it's not difficult. You should go for it.
1st September 2021, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I get addmission in ca after 3 year gap after 12th
14th January 2022, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to join CA having 6 years of gap after graduation?
9th June 2023, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my 2 before 10 years can I join ca courses now
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?