8th June 2016, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in intermediate if I am weak in Maths and don't like the Maths subject?

Well actually i got 58.20% in SSC this year and i am interested in science, but i don"t like maths, because i am weak in it. I am very much confused!!! that if i opt for commerce then there is all about maths and i cant handle it, so basically my problem is i am totally confused in which stream i should go?

8th June 2016, 07:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in intermediate if I am weak in Maths and don't like the Maths subject?

Let me tell you that your percentage in class 10th is not very high so your chances to get admission in science stream are very rare. Personally I would like to suggest you to opt for Arts stream. It is because as you are interested in science stream but not in maths so you can go for medical stream but your percentage it's not very high so your chances are rare to get admission. Secondly you are not interested in commerce so you have only one option left that is to take admission in Arts stream.
8th June 2016, 10:26 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in intermediate if I am weak in Maths and don't like the Maths subject?

After completion of your 10th standard, you can pursue your higher studies in Intermediate or Diploma course based on your interest. In Intermediate, there are different streams like Science, Arts and Commerce which you can choose any one for pursuing your Higher Secondary course.

According to the Information you have provided in your query, you are interested to do Intermediate course in Science stream but, you doesn't like mathematics subject. As there are two sub-streams in Science stream of Intermediate course which are known as Non-Medical Science Stream and Medical Science stream. You can opt for Medical Science stream which does not have Mathematics subject, for pursuing your Intermediate course.

Admissions in Intermediate course are done mostly on the basis of 10th standard board examination marks whereas some top colleges conducts an entrance examination i.e., admission test to offer admission in Intermediate course to merit candidates of the entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?