14th June 2020, 07:00 PM
Aswathyramasub

Which stream and subject group in Intermediate is acceptable for pursuing B.Des?

Hi, I am now studying in 12th. I took Commerce with Computer Science. So is Mathematics necessary for taking B.Des? And, please can you say which all subjects are included in NIFT exam for B.Des and more details about the college subjects etc.

15th June 2020, 04:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream and subject group in Intermediate is acceptable for pursuing B.Des?

The minimum education required to pursue Bachelor of Designing degree course in any specialization is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

So, even having completed your Class 12th with Commerce stream you are eligible for pursuing B.Designing course and also to appear in NIFT UG entrance examination.

Further, I would like to mention here that, you are not eligible to pursue B.F.Tech (Bachelor of Fashion Technology) degree course as for the same degree course a candidate is required to have opted for PCM group subject combination in their Class 12th.

For details regarding NIFT Admissions and other academics related queries, you can refer to the link www.nift.ac.in.
15th June 2020, 07:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream and subject group in Intermediate is acceptable for pursuing B.Des?

No, it is not mandatory to have studied Mathematics in Class 12th to pursue Bachelor of Designing degree course and therefore any candidate having completed their Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education are eligible to pursue Bachelor of Designing course.

Also, you can appear in NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) examination to be eligible for pursuing Bachelor of Designing from NIFT.
16th June 2020, 01:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

••• Eligibility for Bachelor of Design course is 10 + 2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board.

•••Hence, you are eligible.
16th June 2020, 05:31 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, mathematics is not compulsory to take admission in B.Des course.

Students who have passed 12th or equivalent qualifying examination can pursue the B.Des course.

Moreover, there is no restriction of steam at 12th level therefore; students can pursue the course irrespective of steams i.e. Science, Commerce, Arts and Humanities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?