27th May 2012, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Which subject can I choose in IAS if I am a Instrumentation and Control Engineer?

I m instrumention and control engineer.which subjet i can chose in ias and what subjet will be form my trade.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subject to choose to prepare for IES entrance exam after graduation from Instrumentation and Control Engineering?
  2. How to do training in Automation being Electronics Instrumentation & Control engineer?
  3. What is the scope of instrumentation and control engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which Master degree are available for BE Instrumentation & Control engineer? Is there chance to get scholarship?
  5. How to get admission into Ph.D program in IIT Delhi after doing B.E in Instrumentation and Control and MS in Electrical Engineering from US?
  6. Can an Instrumentation and Control Engineer take training in Indian Railways
  7. Organizations which require Instrumentation and Control Engineers?
  8. How to do training in Automation? I have done B.Tech in Electronics Instrumentation and Control
  9. Distance education institutes for BE / B.tech? I have done diploma in Control and Instrumentation engineering
  10. Which fields can I choose to pursue higher studies after B.E in Instrumentation and Control Engineering?
  11. Details of M.Tech in Instrumentation and Control Instrumentation seats? I am a final year student of C&I
  12. IAS after B.E(CSE)? How to choose another subject?
  13. Which will be better for an Instrumentation Engineer between IAS and IES?
  14. Which subject to choose for IAS exam?
  15. Is instrumentation and control field a better option for ECE engineer
  16. Which course can I join in M.E if I am a EIE student
  17. What type of government services are offered for instrumentation engineer? Which exams to answer to get into government sector like Railways, Defense?
  18. Preferred subject to choose in graduation in order to prepare for IAS? -- [New]
28th May 2012, 08:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject can I choose in IAS if I am a Instrumentation and Control Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m instrumention and control engineer.which subjet i can chose in ias and what subjet will be form my trade.

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE . To become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The candidate must possess a Graduation degree from recognized University .Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination.

The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if you belong to general category, 21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST.

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general candidates is 4, for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST/PWD there is no limit.

OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR IAS EXAM=>

There is 25 subject for IAS optional subject but There is no subject to related to instrumentation and control engineer .One subject related electrical department so if you are interested on this subject you can choose this subject.

But from my point of view , You can choose the subject from your strength which are scoring like History ,Geography ,Pol-science ,sociology etc.

I have listed here the subject for IAS optional so you can choose from those subject.

For this year CSAT exam date already over so you can wait for one year for next notification.

For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in

28th May 2012, 09:06 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject can I choose in IAS if I am a Instrumentation and Control Engineer?

Hi,

IAS stands for Indian Adminstration Service. This exam conducted by the union public service commission once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should complete the graduation from a recognized university.

The final year appearing candidates are also eligible.

The age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

The relaxation for the obc and sc/st categories.

The candidate should be citizen of india.

The no. Of attempts for the general category is 4

7 attempts for obc candidates

No limit for the sc/st candidates.

The candidate should be physically fit for this exam.

There is two optional subjects.

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR IAS:

Economics

History

Zoology

Mathematics

Physics

chemistry

Sociology

Botany

Geology

geography

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Political science

Civics

Accountancy

Commerce

Philosophy

Psychology

Elementary

Emerging India

Animal Husbandry

Inclusive Education

Veterinary Science

Anthropology

Medical science

for more information visit the website

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
17th July 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

how many subjects are compulsory for IAS
15th October 2013, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

sir , i m in final year of my engg...i want to atemp in 2014 how should i prepare so that i cn get an elegible marks for an ias
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?