7th November 2011, 09:47 PM
sharad.1608

Which subject to choose to prepare for IES entrance exam after graduation from Instrumentation and Control Engineering?

sir i have graduated from instrumentation and control eng. so which subject should i choose for preparing for ies exam..i hav heard it's lot more tougher for e&t coz cutoff as well as competition is high there...plz do reply

but final selection is more in e&t

Related Questions:
  1. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  3. What is the scope of instrumentation and control engineering?
  4. Will this be a right option for me of preparing for IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering in Electronics Instrumentation and Control?
  5. Which branch to apply for IES after engineering (instrumentation and control)? How to get the application forms?
  6. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  7. How to pursue B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering?
  8. Can I apply for IES after instrumentation and control engineering from Pune University?
  9. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  10. Which Books to prepare for GATE Exam in Instrumentation and Control Engineering?
  11. Last 5 years papers of NTPC Executive Engineering Entrance Exam for control and instrumentation students?
  12. Which fields can I choose to pursue higher studies after B.E in Instrumentation and Control Engineering?
  13. Mumbai University B.E in Instrumentation Engineering 5th Sem Control System Components Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field? -- [New]
  15. Will I be able to give IES and PSU exam if I am from Instrumentation and Controlling?
  16. Can I apply for IES examination if I have less than 60% marks in B.E.(Instrumentation and Control)?
  17. Mumbai University-Instrumentation Engineering 7th Sem Advanced Control Systems Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
8th November 2011, 08:11 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose to prepare for IES entrance exam after graduation from Instrumentation and Control Engineering?

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

So, i think you will come under Electronics & Communications Engineering subject and you need to prepare accordingly...

For previous year papers you refer the below link
8th November 2011, 08:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose to prepare for IES entrance exam after graduation from Instrumentation and Control Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad.1608 View Post
sir i have graduated from instrumentation and control eng. so which subject should i choose for preparing for ies exam..i hav heard it's lot more tougher for e&t coz cutoff as well as competition is high there...plz do reply

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IES EXAM

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departments as exam.

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in
8th November 2011, 10:45 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

IES-Indian Engineering Service

IES subject on which exam is conducted :-

*Electronics engineering
*Civil Engineering
*Mechanical Engineering
*Electrical Engineering

So if you have not read above subject then no problem you choose on of the
above subject on which you give the exam.

Details of examination pattern:-

Subject choose is completely depends on you because which subject is easy for
you that subject is choose by your self
always choose by your self no by any one that is help full to you future.........

Good Luck................
8th November 2011, 04:58 PM
Manish Kumar Tripathi

Educational Qualifications requires-

Degree in :-
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

S
8th December 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my B.COM final year,am i eligible for IES entrance exem?
25th December 2011, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

i m b.tech 3rd yr student in inst and control which will b better one for me to take for prep for ies electrical or electronics n comm
29th December 2011, 02:52 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad.1608 View Post

HI,
Yes you are eligible for I.E.S exam.

I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

all the student who pass there engineering in following branch are eligible for exam:-
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For ST/SC category:- 21-33 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

ALL THE BEST!
14th August 2013, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

sir ,i am a 3rd yr instrumentation n control student..n hv some problem regarding subjects for IES...Would u plzz suggest me subjects for IES..plzzz
22nd May 2014, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=BISWARUPYOGI;1364751]
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IES EXAM

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

so,does that mean an electrical engineering student can give exam in electronics and telecomunication??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?