30th January 2020, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Which subject group should be preferred in Intermediate for becoming an Architect?

Hi, I am a student of 8th grade. But now itself I started thinking of becoming an Architect after my schooling. So shall I get the information just like which group do I have to prefer after 10th board examination as I am now studying in a school affiliated to CBSE Board?

31st January 2020, 09:01 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject group should be preferred in Intermediate for becoming an Architect?

The first thing I would like to let you know that the minimum education required to pursue degree course in Architecture i.e; to become a qualified Architect later on is Class 12th in any discipline with Mathematics as a main subject from a board of education.

So, you can opt for any stream as per your strength to become an Architect by keeping Mathematics as main subject for your intermediate degree course.
31st January 2020, 10:22 AM
sarika1993

Default Re: Which subject group should be preferred in Intermediate for becoming an Architect?

It's good that you have decided your career goal to become an Architect. For that, you need to choose science stream with physics, chemistry and mathematics as main subjects at (10+2) level. After (10+2) with PCM subject group, you can apply for B.Arch course.

B.Arch Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with physics, chemistry and mathematics as main subjects from a recognized university.
- Candidates who have passed diploma in engineering in any branch are also eligible for lateral entry admission.
- You need to appear and qualify entrance exam JEE Main or NATA for admission.

Job Profiles
- Architecture Engineer
- Architecture Designer
- Architecture Draftsman
- Art Director
- Landscape Architect
- Interior Designer
- Building Contractor
- Architecture Historian
- Architectural Assistant
31st January 2020, 04:54 PM
maniraut23

Hello!

So if you are planning to pursue a career in architecture field then B.Arch. course is the most widely recognized architecture education course in India.

For this course you need to go for 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects or 10+3 Diploma with maths as a compulsory subject.Minimum marks required is 50% in 10+2

The various Entrance Tests to get an admission for this course are NATA, JEE & Institute-wise entrance tests.

Good luck !
31st January 2020, 08:50 PM
sitaram0605

If you want to become an Architect in future than I will suggest you to pursue science stream after 10th.

Admission in most of the premier institutions are conducted after 12th only for the science students in the course.

So, it will be better to pursue the course in science stream.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission in premier institutions.
26th November 2021, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Can i choose architect engineering after ics with physics
19th August 2022, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Id i want ti became an architect which subjest i choose in inter?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?