19th April 2018, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I take Computer Science group in 11th std to become an Architect?

Right now I have completed my 10th and going to take admission in 11th soon. I want to become an Architect later in future. Can I take Computer Science group in 11th standard if I'm willing to study Architect in Graduation?

28th April 2018, 05:31 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I take Computer Science group in 11th std to become an Architect?

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an architect you will need pursue B.Arch. i.e; Bachelor of Architecture degree course at your undergraduate level academics.

Further, the minimum education required for pursuing B.Arch degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized board of education.

So, as far as you are concerned about the possibility to become an architect having completed Class 11th and Class 12th in computer science group then as per the above mentioned information you are eligible for becoming an architect irrespective of your stream of academics at Class 12th level if you have pursued Mathematics as a main subject otherwise not.

Further, for pursuing B.Arch degree course from top colleges you need to qualify entrance examinations like JEE Paper II or NATA.
29th April 2018, 08:27 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take Computer Science group in 11th std to become an Architect?

The very first thing I would like to mention here is that, to be an architect a candidate has to hold B.Arch ( Bachelor of Architecture ) degree which is an undergraduate degree course of five and a half years ( including an year of internship ).

Also, for pursuing the same course, the minimum education required is a higher secondary school degree in any stream with Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized board of education.

So, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to become an architect if you opt for computer science stream for your higher secondary school degree then as mentioned above you are eligible if your subject combination at higher secondary school level includes Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?