3rd February 2018, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

In which subject should I do M.Sc to become a Dietitian and which books should I refer for preparation of entrance exams?

I am Dolly Kohli doing my B.Sc Home Science in Dietetics from Punjab university. Currently I'm a 2nd year student and my ambition is to become a Dietitian in future. I want to ask you a question that to become Dietitian in which I should do my M.Sc to become expert as Clinical Nutritionist? M.Sc in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics or M.Sc in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition? And to prepare for entrance exams which books should I should prefer?

10th February 2018, 02:40 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: In which subject should I do M.Sc to become a Dietitian and which books should I refer for preparation of entrance exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Dolly Kohli doing my B.Sc Home Science in Dietetics from Punjab university. Currently I'm a 2nd year student and my ambition is to become a Dietitian in future. I want to ask you a question that to become Dietitian in which I should do my M.Sc to become expert as Clinical Nutritionist? M.Sc in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics or M.Sc in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition? And to prepare for entrance exams which books should I should prefer?
In order to do M.SC in Dietitian candidates must have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university in Home Science or Nutrition or Dietitian or Food Science or Biology or Microbiology or Clinical Bio Chemistry or Life Science with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.

The duration of the course is for two years. Admission are done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination.

You are eligible for doing M.SC in Dietitian as you have done B.SC in Home Science and this is one of the eligible subject that you are having.

Following are the list of entrance books that will help you to prepare :

- Question Bank on Food and Nutrition by M.R Prajapati

- Objective on Food Science and Safety Standard by Prabodh Halde and Sanjeev Sharma

- Entrance Examination in Nutrition and Dietitian by M.S Bhatia

- Nutrition at Glance by Sangeeta Sharma

- Multiple Choice Question in Home Science for Competitive Examination by P. Nazni
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?