4th July 2011, 06:47 AM
laxman me

Which subjects are available for BCA student to prepare for IAS exam?

i am a student of bca and want to prepare for ias exam which subjets are available and can i make selection of subjets as my own wish?

4th July 2011, 01:59 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects are available for BCA student to prepare for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman me View Post
i am a student of bca and want to prepare for ias exam which subjets are available and can i make selection of subjets as my own wish?
You Are eligible for IAS examination, If you are Pursuing your Bachelor degree examination. So, If your aim is to become IAS Officer, then you have to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and for this examination you need to completed your Graduation degree course in any stream from a recognised universities, there is no minimum percentage eligibility criteria, graduate passed candidates are eligible. But to apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years.

Eligible candidates may apply for this examination online, The application form are also available in the designated post offices in India. Generally Notification was published in the month of February every year.

The Examination are held in 2 Parts. Firstly Preliminary Examination and then Main Examination.

Preliminary examination - This is the compulsory examination for all the candidates who are interested to become IAS Officer, UPSC Changed the examination pattern and the examination called CSAT, There are 2 papers in this exam both are of same marks and same duration. Both the Papers are Objective Type and After Clear these papers you are eligible for Next Examination.

Main Examination - If you clear the preliminary examination only then you are eligible for Main exams, In this examination you have to choose the optional subjects, So you have to select the subjects on the basis of your graduation subjects. The List of Subjects are availiable in the UPSC website. So you can check form there OR I have also Upload the Notification. So, please read the given notification carefully because all the necessary information are availiable in the UPSC Civil services examination notification.

After Clear the Main examination, You are eligible for final selection means you have to appear for the Interview session, If you will be able to handle Interview session properly then you are eligible to become IAS Officer.

So, please check the UPSC website for Complete Information Regarding IAS Examination -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 136 views)

4th July 2011, 03:16 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects are available for BCA student to prepare for IAS exam?

hi dear

after BCA you want to prepare for IAS

IAS is very tough exam.

For this preparation must needed, but criteria for this:--

* candidate pass graduation

* age- 21 to 30 years
relaxation as govt. policies

you have attain two papers

1) general knowledge

2)optional subject

optional papers you taken like:--

# General Studies
# Essay
# English Qualifying
# Indian Languages
# Mathematics
# Agriculture
# Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
# Botany
# Chemistry
# Civil Engineering
# Commerce
# Economics
# Electrical Engineering
# Geography
# Geology
# Indian History
# Law
# Mathematics
# Management
# Mechanical Engineering
# Medical Science
# Philosophy
# Physics
# Political Science
# Psychology
# Public Administration
# Sociology
# Statistics
# Zoology
# Anthropology

for this above what ever subject you like ,you take this subject as
optional subject..............

GOOD LUCK.........

4th July 2011, 03:19 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
Sir
yes you are eligible for this exam and there no specification of any subject yes you can go with any subject for this exam you should be a bachealor degree holder and you are going right path and can apply for this exam
REQUIREMENT
AGE 21-30
BACHELOR DEGREE HOLDER
GRADUATION

AVAILABLE
UPSC WEBSITE (DETAIL)
FORM IN POST OFFICE.
www.upscgov.in

TEST CONTAIN
exam contain two parts
,1.preliminary exam
2.main exam
both are imp

4th July 2011, 08:39 PM
ekbaldilfek

Offcourse you can take computer science as a first optional while the 2nd, you can choos as your intrest although i will suggest you to take the public administrative which will be helpful later.

4th July 2011, 09:40 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
you can give IAS exam after BSC level
under UPSC ............

criteria for IAS is
*graduation 60%
age limit 19-27
good luck.................

27th July 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

WHICH SUBJECTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR BCA STUDENT FOR ias EXAM

23rd August 2011, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

i have score 44% in graduate in BCA is there any possible to appare IAS exam?

23rd August 2011, 10:04 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

you have attain two papers

1) general knowledge

2)optional subject

optional papers you taken like:--

# General Studies
# Essay
# English Qualifying
# Indian Languages
# Mathematics
# Agriculture
# Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
# Botany
# Chemistry
# Civil Engineering
# Commerce
# Economics
# Electrical Engineering
# Geography
# Geology
# Indian History
# Law
# Mathematics
# Management
# Mechanical Engineering
# Medical Science
# Philosophy
# Physics
# Political Science
# Psychology
# Public Administration
# Sociology
# Statistics
# Zoology
# Anthropology

5th November 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

i m a bca student which subject i mos prefrable for me in IAS

4th December 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12 this year and now doiing bca pls tell me how i can prepare for ias exam simultaneously

4th December 2011, 05:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.

(Paper 1) (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.
  • Current events of national and international importance
  • History of India and Indian national movement
  • Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
  • Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
  • Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
  • General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
  • General science.
(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal skills including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
  • Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

6th December 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

i am a B c a student student . can i take the optional sub in pre also

31st December 2012, 11:46 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,

subjects are available for BCA student to prepare for IAS exam--------------------

1.mgmt.
2.comm.
3.geography
4.indian language
5.political science
6.history
7.economics
8.mechanical engineering
9.mathematics
10.civil engineering

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8th July 2014, 07:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir pls tell me about ias examination, how many subjects are selected in ias exam

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?