11th December 2011, 08:35 PM
Manu7793

How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT

I'm Gurjot Singh from Patiala and currently first year engineering student at IIT Rajasthan, Jodhpur. I desparately want to become an IAS officer, Its my passion and desparation also. I'm thinking of giving IAS exam in Punjabi and Chemistry since I'm very much attached with my mother tongue Punjabi while Chemistry is my favorite subject, so I've edge in both subjects. Further since I'm first year student and 18 years old, I still have 4 years to prepare for the big time in my life. Kindly advice me how much should I study for IAS exam during my B.Tech studies.

Plz. tell which books to follow for Punjabi and Chemistry...... Please help...
Thanx in advance!

Related Questions:
27th August 2012, 03:25 AM
shashimaharana

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT

I will be an earnest request from me not to start preparation while in your graduation as I have seen many people fail in the graduation while preparing for IAS. It is not to discourage you but the rigours of your study in IIT will not allow you to study Punjabi literature in such detail. It will best to clear your graduation with high marks so that even if, bychance, you do get into IAS you will have other jobs.

You are an IIT student so it will be useless to tell you about chemistry, as you must be knowing much in it. For Punjabi you will have to search for the regional institutes in Chandigarh of Jalandhar who provide coaching in Punjabi. They will also have correspondence courses in which you can take admission.

Best of luck
28th July 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT

I am a final year petroleum engineering student at ISM Dhanbad. I want to choose chemistry as optional in civil services exam as i have qualified IIT with highest marks in chemistry and also studied chemistry in each semester during my undergraduate studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?