28th July 2017, 01:14 PM
Hema8499

Which subjects should be considered in B.Com to calculate the final general percentage of the degree?

Which subjects should be considered in B.Com to calculate the final general percentage of the degree? Can you please tell me how to come to the final percentage value to say that I have 'xy' percentage after my B.Com completion?

31st July 2017, 03:33 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should be considered in B.Com to calculate the final general percentage of the degree?

This information you should better know than me.

Because during the every year of Graduation course, some subjects are mandatory and some other subjects marks will not be considered for calculation of aggregate percentage of marks.

In those non mandatory subjects, even if you score just pass marks also, that is fine.

Some of those subjects are
Science and Civilization
Environmental Science etc.

These non mandatory subjects are varied from one university to another university.

You did not mention the specific university from where you have completed your B.Com course.

If you had mentioned that, I would have listed out those subjects which won't be considered during the calculation of aggregate percentage of marks of the complete B.Com course.

However you can check with the college staff or with your faculty to know this information.

Otherwise come back to us with a new post with the university name so that we can also solve your query.
31st July 2017, 08:58 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should be considered in B.Com to calculate the final general percentage of the degree?

The percentage is calculated based on the main course subjects.

The course subjects varies based on the stream you choose. In every degree their will be core subjects and optional subjects.

The overall percentage is calculated for all the subjects. Where as for interviews and government jobs you'll be considered only the core subjects.
31st July 2017, 08:58 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Subjects are not considered for calculating final percentage of marks in degree. There is weightage assigned to each year of course and finally average is calculated.

The way to arrive at final percentage of marks vary from university to university. In some university, 50% weight to first year, 75% to second year and 100% to last year.

You may check university website for accurate details.
31st July 2017, 10:47 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Look there are 8 papers we have to study in 3 years. That is why you need to calculate marks of Honours paper only. Marks of subsidiary papers are not added.
As for example-

1st year-
Paper 1- 62
Paper 2- 65

2nd year-
Paper 3- 70
Paper 4- 69

3rd year-
Paper 5- 76
Paper 6- 82
Paper 7- 82
Paper 8- 74

Now calculate all of them and divide it by 8. You will get the exact percentage you got in graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?