18th February 2011, 07:18 PM
Parag56

Syllabus for ISRO Mechanical Engineering Exam?

Plz send me syllabus for entrance exam for ISRO for Mechanical Engg

Please reply

thanks

Related Questions:
  1. How may I know the ISRO syllabus for Mechanical Engineering?
  2. ISRO after finishing diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  3. Which type of jobs can I get in ISRO having Mechanical Engineering certificate? Should I write GATE exam to get job in ISRO?
  4. I did mistake in filling my stream in ISRO recruitment exam, will that be a problem? What is the syllabus for the exam?
  5. How to apply for ISRO being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Syllabus of ISRO entrance exam in computer science? Requirements for a computer engineering to get a job in ISRO?
  7. How to join ISRO after completion of BE in mechanical engineering?
  8. How can I join ISRO after completing B.E mechanical engineering
  9. Procedure, eligibility and syllabus to apply for ISRO after Diploma in Mechanical?
  10. How can I get job in ISRO being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) final year student?
  11. Can I apply for ISRO exam in mechanical stream after B.E. in Power Engineering?
  12. How to join ISRO after doing B.E Mechanical engineering? I am in 2nd year
  13. Syllabus of ISRO exam for Mechanical Engineers?
  14. Am I eligible to get a job in ISRO after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  15. What is ISRO entrance exam date? What is the syllabus for electrical engineering?
  16. What is the syllabus for diploma in electronics communication and engineering?
  17. Procedure to get Job in ISRO being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. I am an Engineering Student and my aim is to join ISRO, how to proceed? -- [Most Discussed]
19th February 2011, 12:54 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus for ISRO Mechanical Engineering Exam?

hi..
i don't have the syllabus but i am attaching previous years question papers ,may be this will help you,
these question papers are for the post of SCIENTISTS/ENGINEERS 'SC' ,the notice for this was out on 8/2/2011
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MH-2006.pdf(470.4 KB, 1047 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2007.pdf(426.4 KB, 557 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2008.pdf(451.4 KB, 528 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2009.pdf(470.5 KB, 713 views)
19th February 2011, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know the syllabus in mechanical stream for the exam
20th February 2011, 05:00 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Syllabus for ISRO Mechanical Engineering Exam?

ISRO Mechanical Engineering Syllabus and Exam Papers....

Mechanical Engineering Graduates Writing ISRO Exam has to Put up More concern towards Four major Sections in which they has to work Hard On them.

They are Engineering Mathematics,Applied mechanics and Design,fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sci

and Last Major topic is Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering...
(Sub topics are in the attachment.)

Even for your Future purpose i am uploading Mechanical Engineering Previous year ISRO Exam Papers too..

The Question papers consists of 80 Questions. You need to answer at-least 40 questions correctly in order to get admission in ISRO.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISRO Mechanical Engineering Syllabus.pdf(14.8 KB, 943 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2006.pdf(470.4 KB, 324 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2007.pdf(426.4 KB, 254 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2008.pdf(451.4 KB, 256 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2009.pdf(470.5 KB, 321 views)
20th February 2011, 07:49 AM
omprakash sharma

Hi,

Mechanical Engineering Graduates Writing ISRO Exam has to Put up More concern towards Four major Sections in which they has to work Hard On them.

They are Engineering Mathematics,Applied mechanics and Design,fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sci

and Last Major topic is Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering...(Sub topics are in the attachment.)

Even for your Future purpose i am uploading Mechanical Engineering Previous year ISRO Exam Papers too..

The Question papers consists of 80 Questions. You need to answer at-least 40 questions correctly in order to get admission in ISRO.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISRO Mechanical Engineering Syllabus.pdf (14.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2006.pdf (470.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2007.pdf (426.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2008.pdf (451.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2009.pdf (470.5 KB, 0 views)
20th February 2011, 09:07 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

ISRO Mechanical Engineering Syllabus -

If you need ISRO Mechanical Engineering Exams Syllabus, Then Please dont worry, I have Uploaded the Syllabus In The below Attach file, Please download the Syllabus form There and Please study Accordig to the syllabus, Then you will be able to crack the exams of ISRO -

Syllabus of ISRO Mechanical Are availiable in this websites Also -

http://edutalkindia.blogspot.com/200...us-for_04.html
20th February 2011, 09:51 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag56 View Post

Please reply

thanks
i am attached the syllabus for ISRO mechanical Engineering exam.
Attached Files
File Type: doc syllabus mechanical.doc(31.0 KB, 258 views)
20th February 2011, 10:08 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag56 View Post

Please reply

thanks
Hi,

The syllabus of ISRO for mechanical engineering consist of
1. Engineering Mathematics
2. Applied Mechanics and design
3. Fluid mechanics and thermal sciences.
4. Manufacturing and industrial engineering.

Here I have attached a file which gives the details about the topics.

Also, you can get from the link given below:
http://www.indianshout.com/syllabus-isro-sc-mechanical-me-syllabus/1946

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: docx syllabus.docx(14.6 KB, 141 views)
20th February 2011, 03:46 PM
ronaldo

dear friend
1. ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS
Linear Algebra: Algebra of matrices, system of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors.

Calculus: Taylor Series, Fourier Series, partial derivatives, total derivatives, definite and improper integrals, multiple integrals.

Vector Calculus: Gradient, divergence and curl, line and surface integrals, Green, Gauss and Stokes� theorems.

Differential Equations: Linear ODE�s, first order non-linear ODE�s, initial and boundary value problems, Laplace transform, PDE�s-Laplace, wave and diffusion equations.

Numerical Methods: Solution of system of linear equations, interpolation, numerical integration, Newton-Raphson method, Runge-Kutta method.

Probability & Statistics: Gaussian, Weibul distribution and their properties, method of least squares, regression analysis, analysis of variance.

2. APPLIED MECHANICS AND DESIGN
Engineering Mechanics: Equivalent force systems, free-body concepts, equations of equilibrium, trusses and frames, virtual work and minimum potential energy. Kinematics and dynamics of particles and rigid bodies, impulse and momentum (linear and angular), energy methods, central force motion.

Strength of Materials: Stress and strain, stress-strain relationship and elastic constants, Mohr�s circle for plane stress and plane strain, shear force and bending moment diagrams, bending and shear stresses, deflection of beams torsion of circular shafts, thin and thick cylinders, Euler�s theory of columns, strain energy methods, thermal stresses.

Theory of Machines: Displacement, velocity and acceleration, analysis of plane mechanisms, dynamic analysis of slider-crank mechanism, planar cams and followers, gear tooth profiles, kinematics and design of gears, governors and flywheels, balancing of reciprocating and rotating masses.Vibrations: Free and forced vibration of single degree freedom systems, effect of damping, vibration isolation, resonance, critical speed of rotors.

Design of Machine Elements: Design for static and dynamic loading, failure theories, fatigue strength; design of bolted, riveted and welded joints; design of shafts and keys; design of spur gears, rolling and sliding contact bearings; brakes and clutches; belt, ropes and chain drives.

3. FLUID MECHANICS AND THERMAL SCIENCES
Fluid Mechanics: Fluid properties, fluid statics, manometry, buoyancy; Control-volume analysis of mass, momentum and energy, fluid acceleration; Differential equation of continuity and momentum; Bernoulli�s equation; Viscous flow of incompressible fluids; Boundary layer, Elementary turbulent flow; Flow through pipes, head losses in pipes, bends etc.

Heat-Transfer: Modes of heat transfer; One dimensional heat conduction, resistance concept, electrical analogy, unsteady heat conduction, fins; Dimensionless parameters in free and forced convective heat transfer, Various correlations for heat transfer in flow over flat plates and through pipes; Thermal boundary layer; effect of turbulence; Radiative heat transfer, black and grey surfaces, shape factors, network analysis; Heat exchanger performance, LMTD and NTU methods.

Thermodynamics: Zeroth, First and Second laws of thermodynamics; Thermodynamic system and processes; Irreversibility and availability; Behaviour of ideal and real gases, Properties of pure substances, calculation of work and heat in ideal processes; Analysis of thermodynamic cycles related to energy conversion; Carnot, Rankine, Otto, Diesel, Brayton and Vapour compression cycles.

Power Plant Engineering: Steam generators; Steam power cycles; Steam turbines; impulse and reaction principles, velocity diagrams, pressure and velocity compounding; Reheating and reheat factor; Condensers and feed heaters.I.C. Engines: Requirements and suitability of fuels in IC engines, fuel ratings, fuel-air mixture requirements; Normal combustion in SI and CI engines; Engine performance calculations.

Refrigeration and air-conditioning: Refrigerant compressors, expansion devices, condensers and evaporators; Properties of moist air, psychrometric chart, basic psychometric processes.

Turbomachinery: Components of gas turbines; Compression processes, Centrifugal and Axial flow compressors; Axial flow turbines, elementary theory; Hydraulic turbines; Euler-Turbine equation; Specific speed, Pelton-wheel, Francis and Kaplan turbines; Centrifugal pumps.

4. MANUFACTURING AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
Engineering Materials: Structure and properties of engineering materials and their applications, heat treatment.

Metal Casting: Casting processes (expendable and non-expendable) -pattern, moulds and cores, Heating and pouring, Solidification and cooling, Gating Design, Design considerations, defects.

Forming Processes: Stress-strain diagrams for ductile and brittle material, Plastic deformation and yield criteria, Fundamentals of hot and cold working processes, Bulk metal forming processes (forging, rolling extrusion, drawing), Sheet metal working processes (punching, blanking, bending, deep drawing, coining, spinning, Load estimation using homogeneous deformation methods, Defects). Processing of Powder metals- Atomization, compaction, sintering, secondary and finishing operations. Forming and shaping of Plastics- Extrusion, Injection Molding.

Joining Processes: Physics of welding, Fusion and non-fusion welding processes, brazing and soldering, Adhesive bonding, Design considerations in welding, Weld quality defects.Machining and Machine Tool

Operations: Mechanics of machining, Single and multi-point cutting tools, Tool geometry and materials, Tool life and wear, cutting fluids, Machinability, Economics of machining, non-traditional machining processes.

Metrology and Inspection: Limits, fits and tolerances, linear and angular measurements, comparators, gauge design, interferometry, Form and finish measurement, measurement of screw threads, Alignment and testing methods.

Tool Engineering: Principles of work holding, Design of jigs and fixtures. Computer Integrated Manufacturing: Basic concepts of CAD, CAM and their integration tools.

Manufacturing Analysis: Part-print analysis, tolerance analysis in manufacturing and assembly, time and cost analysis.

Work-Study: Method study, work measurement time study, work sampling, job evaluation, merit rating.

Production Planning and Control: Forecasting models, aggregate production planning, master scheduling, materials requirements planning.

Inventory Control: Deterministic and probabilistic models, safety stock inventory control systems.

Operations Research: Linear programming, simplex and duplex method, transportation, assignment, network flow models, simple queuing models, PERT and CPM.
28th February 2011, 10:42 AM
vrajz

does anyone anwer key for mechanical papers means ,,plzzzz upload it ASAP !!!!!!!
9th February 2012, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

please upload the key for mechanical question papers.....
20th February 2012, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

isro mechanical papers key plz
2nd March 2012, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i want isro mechanical paper key
5th March 2012, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

YES SIR WE WANT THE MECHANICAL PAPER KEY FOR THE PREVIOUS EXAMS......
8th February 2013, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir,what is syllabus for mechanical engineering.sir please send me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?