4th January 2011, 10:45 PM
sangeethapriyak

Syllabus of TNPSC group I and II exam? Which study material and books to refer?

I want to know about TNPSC Group I and II syallabus..Which study material and books to refer?

please reply

5th April 2011, 06:48 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Syllabus of TNPSC group I and II exam? Which study material and books to refer?

Quote:
I want to know about TNPSC Group I and II syallabus..
TNPSC i.e Tamil nadu public Service Commission conducts various Exams Every year. From them Group I and Group II are some Exams.

Depending upon your graduation status means which field you are in you can Write Group I, Group II and III , IV etc.

TNPSC Group II Exam Syllabus

(OBJECTIVE TYPE)
  • G.K:-
    • General science
    • current events of national and international importance ,
    • history and culture of India,
    • Indian economy,
    • Indian national movement and freedom struggle,
    • geography,
    • Indian polity,
    • mental ability tests and other related fields.
  • Explanation of Above Topics :-

• General science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.

• Current events will include latest developments on all the fields detailed above including science and technology.

• In history emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, political aspects; social and cultural heritage of India emphasizing unity in diversity .

• Indian national movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of independence.

• In geography emphasis will be on geography of India including the physical, social, economic geography and on the main features of Indian agriculture and natural resources.

• Indian polity and economy will test knowledge on the country’s political, executive, judicial system, panchayat raj, rural and community development, and economic planning in India.

• General mental ability test will include analysis of classified data, logical and behavioral reasoning, analogies, school arithmetic, numerical ability and basic concepts of computers.

NOTE: About 20 % of the questions in this paper shall be exclusively with reference to Tamil, Tamilnadu, language and literature, culture and heritage of its people.

Quote:
Which study material and books to refer? please reply
Following are the Books one can Refer them in order to prepare for tnpsc Group Exams.

I)

II)
JEYAM TNPSC GROUP I AND II GUIDE
Phone: 9442161316
Price: Rs 170

5th April 2011, 07:11 PM
sureshcbe
Member+

Default Re: Syllabus of TNPSC group I and II exam? Which study material and books to refer?

No need to refer other books.

Refer your 9th to 12th std tamil, history, geography books.

For general knowledge books visit this site
www.saidaiduraisamysmanidhaneyam.com

In this website every month they are releasing previous month some important news.
6th April 2011, 12:45 AM
dava

Default Re: Syllabus of TNPSC group I and II exam? Which study material and books to refer?

You can get the syllabus from the link - http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/syllabus.htm .

And check the attachments for books ..
6th April 2011, 01:45 PM
Ashutosh15187
Banned

TNPSC i.e Tamil nadu public Service Commission conducts various Exams Every year. From them Group I and Group II are some Exams.

Depending upon your graduation status means which field you are in you can Write Group I, Group II and III , IV etc.

(OBJECTIVE TYPE)
  • G.K:-
    • General science
    • current events of national and international importance ,
    • history and culture of India,
    • Indian economy,
    • Indian national movement and freedom struggle,
    • geography,
    • Indian polity,
    • mental ability tests and other related fields.
  • Explanation of Above Topics :-

• General science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.

• Current events will include latest developments on all the fields detailed above including science and technology.

• In history emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, political aspects; social and cultural heritage of India emphasizing unity in diversity .

• Indian national movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of independence.

• In geography emphasis will be on geography of India including the physical, social, economic geography and on the main features of Indian agriculture and natural resources.

• Indian polity and economy will test knowledge on the country’s political, executive, judicial system, panchayat raj, rural and community development, and economic planning in India.

• General mental ability test will include analysis of classified data, logical and behavioral reasoning, analogies, school arithmetic, numerical ability and basic concepts of computers.

NOTE: About 20 % of the questions in this paper shall be exclusively with reference to Tamil, Tamilnadu, language and literature, culture and heritage of its people.

Following are the Books one can Refer them in order to prepare for tnpsc Group Exams.

I)

II)
[B]JEYAM TNPSC GROUP I AND II GUIDE
Phone: 9442161316
Price: Rs 170
8th April 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

from where will i get this books
17th April 2011, 07:11 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

(OBJECTIVE TYPE)

* G.K:-
o General science
o current events of national and international importance ,
o history and culture of India,
o Indian economy,
o Indian national movement and freedom struggle,
o geography,
o Indian polity,
o mental ability tests and other related fields.

* Explanation of Above Topics :-

o General science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.

o Current events will include latest developments on all the fields detailed above including science and technology.

o In history emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, political aspects; social and cultural heritage of India emphasizing unity in diversity .

o Indian national movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of independence.

o In geography emphasis will be on geography of India including the physical, social, economic geography and on the main features of Indian agriculture and natural resources.

o Indian polity and economy will test knowledge on the country’s political, executive, judicial system, panchayat raj, rural and community development, and economic planning in India.

o General mental ability test will include analysis of classified data, logical and behavioral reasoning, analogies, school arithmetic, numerical ability and basic concepts of computers.

good luck
13th August 2011, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

please mention the current affairs books in tamil medium
18th June 2012, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

This is first time i am applying for group 2 tnpsc exam .plz tell me which book i should refer plz guid me
17th July 2012, 06:17 PM

Default Re:tnpsc group2 exam what materialand books we use

[QUOTE=sangeethapriyak;302428]I want to know about TNPSC Group I and II syallabus..Which study material and books to refer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?