22nd June 2011, 11:50 PM
kunal_fresh

Is there any age relaxation for defense employees in Civil Services exam?

sir,

i want to appear assam civil service exam. I am defense employed and date of birth is 01 may 1981, is there any age relaxation for us...

regard
kunal

23rd June 2011, 10:18 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age relaxation for defense employees in Civil Services exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_fresh View Post
sir,

i want to appear assam civil service exam. I am defense employed and date of birth is 01 may 1981, is there any age relaxation for us...

regard
kunal
Yes, the Age Relaxation is Applicable On The Defense Employees in UPSC Civil Services Examination. But The Age Relaxation is applicable only Few Defence Employees, So please check the Age Relaxation Criteria for Defence employees in civil services examination -

Age Relaxation for Defence Employees -

For Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof - 3 years

Defence Services Personnel (as against Code No. 06) + SC/ST - 8 years

Defence Services Personnel (as against Code No. 06) + OBC - 6 years.
8th September 2011, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any age relaxation for defense employees in Civil Services exam?

sir what is the procedure of apply for pcs and when does the APSC conduct the registration and examination?
18th September 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

is there reservation for defence service personnel in state civil service examination? is there relaxation in age limit ?
24th September 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
i am in def aged 34 yrs ,can i know the criteria for state civ services?
Jagadish gowda, army
19th December 2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

there is any percentage relexation for sc/st in defence job especially in indian air force.
16th May 2012, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

sir is there any age relaxation for ex defence service personnel in IAS examination
6th December 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am working in IAF and have complewited 10 years of service. I am 30 years old and belong to general category. Can I get age relaxation for IAS exam as a serving defence personnel?
..with regards.. Akash.
9th September 2013, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

sir,
I am an army GD soldier and I want to apply for UPSC civil service exam, is there any age relaxation for me after retirement at the age of 33yrs?
9th September 2013, 05:52 PM
piki05

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_fresh View Post
sir,

regard
kunal
Civil services examination is Conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service commission) Every year, The examination is Conducted for those who is Interested to become IAS/IPS Officer in future. The examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
>> Main examination

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in Preliminary examination and you have to cracked both the examination, Only then you are eligible to appear for Main examination. Main examination is Descriptive and there are 9 papers in this examination, If you cracked the Main examination, then you are eligible to appear for Main Interview for Final Selection.

But to apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for Reserved categories as follows. If you are Defense then you will also get some relaxation.

>> For SC/ST Candidates : 5 Years
>> For OBC Candidates : 3 Years
>> Defence Services Personnel + SC/ST: 8 Years
>> Defence Services Personnel + OBC : 6 years
>> Ex-Servicemen including Commissioned Officers : 5 Years

>> To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, there is no Minimum percentage is required to apply for this examination, only passed in graduation is Sufficient. So please prepare well for the examination and then apply for this examination because you will get some attempts, and within given chances you have to cracked this examination. General candidates will gets 4 attempts, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No limits for SC/ST Candidates.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination Online and for more Information check official website :
9th September 2013, 05:54 PM
piki05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir is there any age relaxation for ex defence service personnel in IAS examination
Civil services examination is Conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service commission) Every year, The examination is Conducted for those who is Interested to become IAS/IPS Officer in future. The examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Main examination

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in Preliminary examination and you have to cracked both the examination, Only then you are eligible to appear for Main examination. Main examination is Descriptive and there are 9 papers in this examination, If you cracked the Main examination, then you are eligible to appear for Main Interview for Final Selection.

But to apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for Reserved categories as follows. If you are Defense then you will also get some relaxation.

>> To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, there is no Minimum percentage is required to apply for this examination, only passed in graduation is Sufficient. So please prepare well for the examination and then apply for this examination because you will get some attempts, and within given chances you have to cracked this examination. General candidates will gets 4 attempts, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No limits for SC/ST Candidates.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination Online and for more Information check official website :
9th September 2013, 05:55 PM
piki05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am working in IAF and have complewited 10 years of service. I am 30 years old and belong to general category. Can I get age relaxation for IAS exam as a serving defence personnel?
..with regards.. Akash.

>> Main examination

13th November 2013, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

I am a defence personnel , who has rendered 15 yrs of service in defence. I am a B tech graduate and I want to apply through UPSC. How much max age relaxation I can get. I am a general category condidate.
11th October 2014, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

I am doing service in indian navy. My dob is Feb 1983. May i appear in IAS exam while doing service. What would be the age relaxation for me after leaving service in 2020 at the age of 37 years. I come under general category.
Thank you.
12th October 2016, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am serving defense personnel. My DOB is 09/10/1981. Am i eligible to apply for CSE 2017.
13th April 2017, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I am E-x defence men of caste SC and of age 35 , is there is any age relaxation and reservation for civil service examination for me.
10th December 2018, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am serving CRPF in paramilitary FROM 17/02/2003 ,My DOB IS 01/01/1982, Graduate and OBC ,CAN I APPLY ANY UPSC EXAM?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?