28th February 2016, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Is there any scholarship available for me during 11th standard if I am a club football player?

I m in 11th. I play football for a club. Can i get some support in my marks? What is the procedure followed to apply for the scholarship? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer.

15th January 2017, 12:10 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is there any scholarship available for me during 11th standard if I am a club football player?

Class 11th is when you are done with your board exams and you are looking to take up some stream for your further career. It is a very important time of one's life because the decision made then shall determine what the person would need to take up further as his/her graduation career.

There are 3 streams that one may choose from in Class 11th. They are:

1. SCIENCE
2. COMMERCE
3. ARTS

It is said that people who study science are eligible to take up any subjects of commerce/arts but the vice versa is not true. Therefore, make a choice that is appropriate and suits your aspirations.

Now as you have said that you wish to take some scholarships since you are a club football player, it would take quite a lot to determine whether you are up for some eligibility for scholarships or not. Please be aware of the following:

1. NOT EVERY School or College grants scholarships regarding such cases. Generally speaking, it is purely on the merit of the candidate that he/she has to fill up the fees and study as every other student does.

2. In case there are scholarship options that you are aware of, you must generate your proof of sports excellence to stand any chance. Moreover, it is known that only people that have represented their state in some sport or the other.

3. If you have not done so, then it is difficult to get scholarships in many schools and colleges. Moreover, scholarships are sought in colleges where the academic fees are very high. In schools and all the fees are generally very low and therefore another reason not to give scholarships.

4. Please be aware that many schools give scholarships to people who top in their class 12th boards or even state toppers for that matter. If you have got really good marks in that then you can also apply for scholarships as academic excellence is always paid well.

Otherwise, it can get really tough for you to get scholarships in any school. I would also recommend you to raise your sports level and try to reach district and state levels of whichever sports you play. That way you can surely become eligible for some scholarships in college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?