21st January 2011, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Tips and important topics for finalizing the preparation of GATE

respected sir...,
I have GATE syllabus with me...am preparing for the exam...
can you please mail me the important topics of each paper so that it shall help me in these last moments??????

22nd January 2011, 04:07 PM
Harshita21

Default Re: Tips and important topics for finalizing the preparation of GATE

For preparing GATE important subjects are there
1. Data structure
2. Compiler
3. Analysis & design algorithm
4. Digital electronics
22nd January 2011, 07:05 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi....
firstly let me tell you that you have not mentioned your subject for which you are writing the gate exam,unless and until you tell that how can we tell the important topics?
i can give an broad sense of the paper in general terms
the paper consists of three sections,
the marks are divided as follows
aptitude:15 marks
mathematics:15marks
your subject:70 marks
it would be better to go through the previous years papers ,from there you will know the important topics
all the best
7th February 2011, 01:09 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

We are bit confused as you have not given the stream or course of study you are appearing at GATE.

Still, for the last moment preparation ,you can see the previous year and the model papers to know your confidence level.

Please let us know which stream you belong and then we can help with the important topics you should cover at this time.

Good luck!!
12th July 2011, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

what are the important topics for gate
6th January 2012, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing b.tech in electronics & communication engg.i want to crack gate.how should i prepare?
28th May 2012, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

help me what are the subjects which must require high knowledge to get a minimum of qualifying marks in electrical stream
5th June 2012, 01:30 AM
mnbgvs

Here i am providing you some of the guidelines to prepare for the GATE exam.

-Make a time table of yourself of what subjects to study, when to study, how much time to study.

-Give priority to several subjects. Try to complete the various subjects which you feel difficult early and the subjects which you feel easy, finish them later.

-Go through previous year exam papers. There is every chance that the same questions are going to be repeated this year or in the same model, we may expect the questions.

-Purchase GATE questions and answers book from market. And soon after the completion of a particular topic or unit, practice several questions relating that unit from GATE questions and answers books so that you come to know the pattern that the questions are being asked.

-Focus on fundamentals which are very vital to GATE exam.

-Don't continue your study by system or soft copy mode. Because there is every chance that you may divert your mind to some entertainment activities like music.

-Select peaceful place and carry out your studies.

-Take a little break for every 1 hour
5th June 2012, 01:32 AM
mnbgvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir...,
I have GATE syllabus with me...am preparing for the exam...
can you please mail me the important topics of each paper so that it shall help me in these last moments??????

Your question is not complete because you have not mentioned the subject which you have choose in your GATE Examination, There are 21 subjects list available in the GATE Website. You have to choose any one of the subjects as per your Graduation/Post graduation Basis.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test and it is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board every year. For this year GATE Examination was already completed, If you have Interested in this examination then please apply for this examination Next year.

GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3 hours duration which contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will consist of only objective questions. There will be negative marking for each wrong answer, except for the numerical answer type questions. Each GATE paper shall have a General Aptitude component carrying 15 marks.

So, please prepared well for GATE Examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will get success in GATE Examination. You can also take coaching for GATE Examination from best colleges/Institutes. They help you to complete your GATE Syllabus on time and guide you properly for GATE Examination.

So, please download the syllabus and Previous year GATE Examination papers from the official website and keep practice it Regularly.

18th December 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

i didn even start my preparation hw to prepare for gate please help me what r the important topics.
stream:cse
8th January 2013, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

I am from Computer Engg branch. how to prepare for GATE 2013?? n which topics in subjects should i prepare?? n books for those topics....plez help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?