31st December 2010, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Tips to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

Dear sir,
I want to know the tips of SBI Clerk exams its very importent in my life. so kindly send answers to my email id. its my beggest request from you....

7th March 2011, 01:02 PM
sachin2places

Default Re: Tips to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

Hello.........Here are some tips for you-
The written exam for clerical position will have the following sections,
1) Test of reasoning 2)Numerical Ability 3) Clerical aptitude 4)Test of English

* The Duration for written test would normally be 2 Hrs or 2.5 Hrs.So practice with model question papers /previous year papers.It helps you adjust time & pick up speed.

* Focus on basics & concepts of mathematics for numerical ability as the standard of question will be of secondary level.Read the reasoning/aptitude questions completely & understand it before choosing the correct answer.

* Before answering the questions,plan on the sections that have to be answered first.Start to answer from the paper which you are confident of & move to questions that consume time.

ALL THE BEST
15th March 2011, 10:24 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

There will not be specific tips for preparation.
-Prepare for the exam or practice exams whenever you feel free or you mind is fresh.

-Even if you don't have or have the habit of early morning study,inculcate that. Spend that time in preparing for these exams.

-Practice as many times as possible. Because practice makes a man perfect. The more practice you have, the less time it will take to answer the questions.

-Concentrate on topics which have more weightage like problem figures, statements and conclusions, seating arrangement.

-While solving the problems of aptitude, try to maintain speed that too with accuracy.

-What ever the topics you have gone across while preparing for the general awareness, just discuss them with your friends, so that you can gain more points which you don't from them.

-For SBI, marketing aptitude will also be there. Where you will be subjected some fundamentals regarding marketing. Concentrate on them.

Anyway recently in the month of January,2011 SBI clerk exam was over.
15th March 2011, 10:33 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

The only tip to prepare for SBI clerk exam is to study well & work hard.

I would suggest you to refer these books:

Reasoning - verbal & non verbal reasoning by R.S.Agarwal

Maths – Quantitative aptitude by R.S.Agarwal

General awareness - pratiyogita darpan magazine

English - any standard english grammer book

Read newspaper daily to improve your knowledge on current affairs. Also try to solve sample aptitude question. Remember regular practice is the only key to success.
15th March 2011, 11:14 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Tips to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

Dear friend ,

To prepare for SBI clerk exam firstly your all concepts must be cleared.

Focus on basics & concepts of mathematics for numerical ability because it would be the key for success.

Practice as much as possible.

Because practice makes a man perfect.

The last but very important point is that be calm at the time of exam.

Best of luck.........
15th March 2011, 11:19 PM
Aman Sapra

It is really difficult to attempt 200 questions within 150 mins. so one needs to have really good speed.
*So practice as many sample papers as possible.
*Also attempt every section because there is a sectional cut-off.
15th March 2011, 11:52 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to prepare for bank clerk examination you should have a good practice on mathematics. if you are strong in mathematics then easily you will be able to solve mathematical aptitude.

also you must do practice on reasoning, general awareness, general english and more important is general knowledge.

to improve your general knowledge try to read newspaper regularly and point down the important information which may come in the examination. study latest monoroma year book and other books which are available on market for bank examination.

best of luck.
16th March 2011, 12:15 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Tips to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

If You Are Intrested To Clear The Bank Clerk Exams Paper, Then I Will Suggest You Just Prepare for This exams According To The Pattern And Syllabus.

And Please Purchase The Book Of R.S.Aggarwal, And Try To Solve these Book Regularly, This Book Is The Best Book, If You Really Want To Crack The Bank Exams Paper.

If You Will Be Able To Solve This Book, then Definitely You Will Be Able To Crack The Bank Exams Paper. In Bank Exams Paper You Will get Questions From Test of Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Test of English Language and Clerical Aptitude.

So, Please Prepare This Section Regularly, If You Want To Crack the Bank Examination.
16th March 2011, 12:37 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)Tips to prepare for SBI Clerk Exam?

-->State Bank of India SBI Clerk Written Exam will consists of Objective type question in following Five Papers,you need to concentrate on each topic ,Equal Aggregate mark is required to get Selected (40% General and 35% SC/ST/PH)

-->General Awareness

-->General English

-->Quantitative Aptitude

-->Reasoning Ability

-->Marketing Aptitude/Computer knowledge

There is Negative Marking Informed in SBI Clerk Exam(-1/4 Marks for each wrong Answer)

-->Best way to clear the Exam is,try to work out more then 25 question paper,then only you get the Speed to solve Each Problem

-->Daily reading NEWS Paper and Magazine help to get good knowledge in English and Current Affair

General Information

-->Book For Clerk Exam is

*Upkar Publication

*Ramesh Publication

*Oswaal Publication

*Pearson Education India

All the Best
16th March 2011, 07:50 AM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

In Bank Exams Paper you will get questions from
1.test of reasoning.
2.numerical ability.
3.test of english language.
4.clerical apptitude.
5.general knowledge.
6.test of marketing and test of computer knowledge.

--practice well for these exams practice makes man perfect, practice make you to take less time to solve problems in exam.
--purchase r.s.agarwal, s.chand books for test of reasoning and apptitude.
apptitude-- practice additions,subtractions,multiplications and divisions and learn squares and cubes.
reasoning-- practice problem figures,seating arrangements,alphabatecial order.
english-- learn synonyms and antonyms and concentrate on correction of errors and practice passages.
clerical apptitude-- practice more because it is very simple for you when you practiced well.
test of marketing and computer knowledge -- basic knowledge is sufficient.

All The Best
16th March 2011, 09:35 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

Tips to prepare for SBI clerk exam: -

1. Prepare according to the SBI clerk exam syllabus.

SBI clerk exam syllabus are as follows: -
a. Current Affairs
b. Social Economics
c. Aptitude
d. General Knowledge
e. Reasoning Section
f. Mathematics (Quantitative Aptitude)
g. Banking Awarness
h. English Section

2. Practice more & more questions.

3. Work Hard

4. Try to solve a questions in a few seconds.

5. Purchase competitive exam book from market.

etc.

All the Best
16th March 2011, 01:21 PM
omprakash sharma

HI,
if you want to give SBI clerk exam you must be study of good books. I Will Suggest You Just Prepare for This exams According To The Pattern And Syllabus.
And Please Purchase The Book Of R.S.Aggarwal and do prepare according the 5 year previous papers.
and you must be help of good coaching institute.
16th March 2011, 02:55 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

In bank clerk exam Reasoning,Aptitude and general english tye question are asked.

For preparation clerk exam you should refer different writers book because one writer's book doesn't include all questions.

To solve all question of paper you should solve large number of question in specific time.you should practice regularly.

Aptitude type question are very important these question are asked in almost every exam,these will help you in other exam.

you should improve your english.this will help at every time.
16th March 2011, 07:11 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Tips to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,
I want to know the tips of SBI Clerk exams its very importent in my life. so kindly send answers to my email id. its my beggest request from you....
hello friend...

=_=PREPARING FOR SBI BANK CLERK EXAM=_=

To prepare well for any Bank Clerk exam, you have to follow the three important steps as follows...

1) PRACTICE : This is one of the important thing which you have to do when preparing for any clerk exam, unless you practice daily you wont be able to solve all the questions in the clerk exam.. So find a proper time daily and set it only for prepartion without any distraction..

2) REFER GOOD BOOKS :There are various books available in the market which guides preparing Bank Clerk exam which contains all the needed information... I have given a link below which shows some of the good books for preparing Bank Clerk exam just try to get those books and work out daily....

http://www.squidoo.com/bankexambooks

I have also attached a text file which consists of some recommended books for bank clerk exam.. kindly check it over...

3) REFER PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS :
Refer previous year clerical exam papers to learn the pattern of the exam and to prepare questions accordingly.. Previous year papers will help you to sort out the pattern of the exam which helps in saving your time for preparation to concentrate only on the questions of the particular pattern..

I have attached some of the model common question pattern paper of SBI bank clerk exam in this post.. kindly check it over.. hope it helps for your preparation...

All the Best...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf State Bank of India Clerical Exam Paper 2.pdf(220.8 KB, 600 views)
File Type: pdf clerical_exam.pdf(1.21 MB, 523 views)
File Type: pdf 5295_Bank_Clerk_Sample_2010.pdf(616.5 KB, 445 views)
File Type: txt books for clerk exam.txt(972 Bytes, 298 views)

Last edited by melwynjensen; 26th March 2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: text formatting
16th March 2011, 08:31 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Tricks and Tips !!

Quote:
Dear sir, I want to know the tips of SBI Clerk exams its very importent in my life. so kindly send answers to my email id. its my beggest request from you....
See the way to Go out of this issue is Only practice, Don't think much about Shortcut tricks because some times they do fails.

Want to solve 50 maths/aptitude problems in just 25 mins then Yes you can but Not through Tricks but through Practice.

Try to solve as many problems you can ! Because If you try hard for practice they familiar Questions gets answer in few seconds in the Exams.

I must say Go for practice and Hard work, You will really succeed in your Aim.But if you Go for Short cuts then they need some manipulations to Solve them..

As during practice it will take time, But Excessive practice of same kind of questions make you More confidant and Passionate..

These are Some books you can Solve them For practice Purpose :-

Individual Books can be referred in order to Prepare For Quantitative and Reasoning like R.S.Agarwal's Quantitative Aptitude
16th March 2011, 08:50 PM
er.varunchawla

Quote:
Dear sir,
hello

well first of all you have to keep in mind about the events that are happening currently.

also try to get as much information as possible about the bank ...Also check out previous papers of the exam ....

thank you........
17th March 2011, 12:28 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

current g.k comes of six month before exam.
reasoning,math,english,clerical apptitude comes as useual as other banks.
may be sometimes computer/social economic comes.in english attend question only for qulify.don't solve english at last,always keep it in between.
important thing is this, you have to maintain the speed of solving question in
given time. so solved previous bank papers of cleark as much as you can.
17th March 2011, 12:47 AM
SUNNY PRAKASH

Smile Re: Tips to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

THATS GOOD

im attacing document here.. there u can know about prepration.

ALL THE BEST...
Attached Files
File Type: docx SBI.docx(12.5 KB, 235 views)
25th March 2011, 08:50 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

hi
questions are generally asked from aptitude, reasoning, English ,general knowledge .
And the most important thing is time factor .Questions are not that difficult just you have to be acquainted with different types of questions asked by them for faster solving .So go for as many model and previous year questions as possible.
all the best
22nd April 2011, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for marketing and computer in sbi clerk exam?which r the best question answer books for marketing and computer?pls help..
30th April 2011, 10:01 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

Try to solve as many problems you can ! Because If you try hard for practice they familiar Questions gets answer in few seconds in the Exams.

I must say Go for practice and Hard work, You will really succeed in your Aim.But if you Go for Short cuts then they need some manipulations to Solve them.

There are various books available in the market which guides preparing Bank Clerk exam which contains all the needed information.
try best and get success.
7th June 2011, 04:21 PM
Jyothi Sireesha

which book is the best for prepare sbi exam.Plz send to me
13th June 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

refer good books for bank marketing and computer knowledge
1st July 2011, 05:34 PM
KUMARI TANYA

Quote:
Dear sir,
RESPECTED SIR
I Want to know the tips of SBI clerk examination. so kindly request to you please send me my answer to my email id.Its my deeply request to you.....
5th August 2011, 08:18 PM
myspace

The written exam for clerical position will have the following sections,
1) Test of reasoning 2)Numerical Ability 3) Clerical aptitude 4)Test of English

* The Duration for written test would normally be 2 Hrs or 2.5 Hrs.So practice with model question papers /previous year papers.It helps you adjust time & pick up speed.

* Focus on basics & concepts of mathematics for numerical ability as the standard of question will be of secondary level.Read the reasoning/aptitude questions completely & understand it before choosing the correct answer.

* Before answering the questions,plan on the sections that have to be answered first.Start to answer from the paper which you are confident of & move to questions that consume time.

24th March 2012, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

which type of computer question gonna come in sbi exam?
14th August 2012, 08:16 PM
dhevrishi

Quote:
Dear sir,
plz sbi clrk preparestion tipes my numbr 8008960245 dailey sir,
9th April 2013, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me,how to prepare general awareness part in sbi clerk exam?
9th April 2013, 08:08 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
plz tell me,how to prepare general awareness part in sbi clerk exam?
In the SBI Clerical Written tests questions are asked from the below sections:

>> Reasoning Ability
>> Marketing Aptitude/Computer Knowledge
>> General Awareness
>> Quantitative Aptitude
>> General Awareness

There will be negative marking for wrong answers

For Preparing General Awareness:
>> Concise General Knowledge 2013 by Pearson education
>> Magazines like Protoyigita Darpan each month
>> Read one national newspaper daily
9th April 2013, 10:27 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

well The Bank Exams not only test your knowledge, but also they test your thinking skill vocabulary and most important speed.

You should solve previous years papers thoroughly with a time limit just like in the main exam.

Always read the news paper daily. They also ask General Knowledge questions.

Practice a lot and do the hard work.
You will Surely succeed.

All The Best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?