5th January 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Which undergraduate course is good for me as an IAS aspirant? I am a 12th class student

I am a 12th class student and I want to know which undergraduate course is good for me(an IAS aspirant).I am personally interested in economics and how far would a course in economics help me.

Rupa

15th February 2012, 03:53 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which undergraduate course is good for me as an IAS aspirant? I am a 12th class student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 12th class student and I want to know which undergraduate course is good for me(an IAS aspirant).I am personally interested in economics and how far would a course in economics help me.

Rupa
If you are willing to write Civil Service Examination to join the Indian Administrative Services, no matter which stream you carry for your higher studies, you have got to be good in the following subjects area:
Current Affairs
History of India
Geography
Economics
Political System and the Constitution of India
General Sciences
Mathematics of class X standard
English
Any one regional language of India
Essay Writing

So, basically, you need to have strong base in almost every field and therefore, Its difficult to suggest you any particular subject or stream which might prove to be advantageous for the Civil Service Examination.
Depending upon your strength and weaknesses, you should work on the subjects mentioned above and try to work very hard in order to crack the exam because Civil Service Examination is one of the toughest entrance examination conducted in India and if you want to crack it, you must be very serious about it.
15th February 2012, 09:49 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which undergraduate course is good for me as an IAS aspirant? I am a 12th class student

HI Dear

AFter 12th if you prepare for IAS then you must know what is good for IAS preparation
:-

Syllabus :-

Optional subject that is taken in IAS:-

Good Luck.............
15th February 2012, 11:10 PM
rvidyasagar

Dear Rupa the IAS (actually Civil Services) Exam conducted by the UPSC recruits officers for Government of India at the entry level management cadre for various departments.

If you have seen any of the notifications, you will realise that the basic qualification required is just a degree. it does not at all matter what was the core subject of your degree, as long as it is from a recognized university.

Thus BA, BSc, BCA, BBA, BL, BE, BEd, MBBS candidates are all at par at the time of examination.

You have about 20 subjects from which you need to select only two subjects as your optionals. The syllabus of all these subjects are also given. These subjects again cover a wide spectrum of disciplines. As such, you may go through the available subjects, their syllabi and then ponder over your aptitude, possibility of getting admitted to a good institute to complete the selected branch, etc. and then decide which UG course to do.

Further, do keep in mind that your sight should not just rest on IAS. Though you should focus all your energy in the preparation for this examination, you should keep the contingency of not passing the competitive exam. In that scenario, your UG degree should be such that it fetches you a decent job matching your expectation.

All the best.
15th February 2012, 11:31 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

For joining as an IAS officer you must appear in an exam conducted by UPSC. For appearing in UPSC exam your age must be above 21years and below 30years. You must have finished a graduation of any discipline from a recognized university. Thus you can do any UG course of your own interest for becoming an IAS officer. I would suggest you to join in any course which would be very easy for you to clear. So that you can prepare for the UPSC exam which is little tougher to clear.
31st March 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

can i practise as a doctor while i am an IASofficer?
18th April 2012, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

m really tensed that which degree i should choose so that its the most suitable one to clear ias exam
24th July 2013, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

I passed my 12th from science stream. Now I want to become an IAS officer so, tell me which graduation degree is best for me. Is llb best for IAS aspirants ?
14th October 2013, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Can a chartered accountant(CA) attempt IAS exam?
9th September 2014, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

I have only passed in 12 th class [maths ] & mentally
confused in ugcourses that. ..? I might choose just clear it easily. So that I. Could. competitive exam of. IAS
1st June 2015, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

I choose maths in 12 but i want to be an ias which subject should i have to choose after 12
1st August 2015, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Which is the best ug course for me for preaparing civil cervices please help me for better way
2nd May 2017, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Hi..everyone, I am ajay.I have completed my intermediate. I want to know which course I should pursue which is related to upsc syllabus.? Of course,I am aware of upsc syllabus but here the main thing is, I need the course which is beneficial for us in future while appearing the upsc exam and the which can lessen our burden while preparing for upsc exam?? Suggest the exact course and please don't beat around the bush.
28th May 2017, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have passed my 12 exam in science stream but still I am confused to choose the stream for undergraduate which will get more benefit for IAS preparation please help me sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?