19th April 2013, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after passing 12th from science?

I do 12 from sci. Med. I have a dream to become an IAS so which undergraduate course I will prefer so that I can get better opportunity to get it and can start its study from today also I can do both bsc. And ba.?

28th April 2013, 04:13 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after passing 12th from science?

No,you ae not eligible for IAS as per the education qualification.You must have graduation degree from a recognized university for IAS.

It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.

To become an IAS Officer you need to crack Civil Service Exam.

Eligibility criteria in Details:
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.
If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website
http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to
http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th May 2013, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

how to become a IAS officer after 12th science?
10th June 2013, 07:10 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue graduation in your interested subject of study. Graduation is enough to apply for IAS and subject selected for studies is not a matter. But you need to start exam preparations prior from first year of degree. Topics on mental ability, general studies, GK, Indian Polity, history, Geography, and socio and economic development are asked for the exam. Detailed exam syllabus can be collected from UPSC web portal.
17th March 2014, 07:11 PM
bansi sharma

[QUOTE=Unregistered;3409297]I do 12 from sci. Med. I have a dream to become an IAS so which undergraduate course I will prefer so that I can get better opportunity to get it and can start its study from today. and take which collage for it
26th March 2014, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 10 and which subject I have to take for my ias preparation. Also what I have to do after 12 please tell me fast as I have to choose my sub for 11.
8th April 2014, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Which course to take after my class 10 to become an ias officer? Shall i continue in cbse only or shall i opt state syllabus. I am confused plz ans me what to do next?
8th February 2015, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12 science biology . I want to become IAS officer. Plz tell me how to become a IAS officer?
4th June 2015, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after passing 12th ? Which course should I choose for graduation ?
6th December 2015, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir my dream is to become an ias officer what should i do after passing twelve science
22nd June 2016, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 12th from science stream I had a combination of physics chemistry maths biology and english as the main language. What should I do in graduation to become an IAS officer?
20th September 2016, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO BECOME AN IAS BUT I PASSED 12TJ FROM SCIENCE AS AN IAS EXAM REQUIRES SOME BASIC KNOWLEDGE RELATED TO HISTORY, POLITICAL,GEOGRAPHY AND I HAVE NOT BASIC KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THESE SUBJECTS SO HOW CAN I PREPARE?
22nd September 2016, 12:28 PM
Preeti @

After completing 12th you need to do graduation in any discipline from recognized university then you should appear and clear Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC. Examination pattern includes Preliminary examination and Main examination. Preliminary exam consist of objective questions and consist of two papers ,general studies and optional papers. The medium of instructions will be in English and Hindi and the candidates who have clear preliminary exam are eligible for main examination. The final selection is based on personal interview.
27th January 2017, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an IS officer.. After passing 12th sci what should I do please please answer my question and help me out
30th April 2017, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want to become IAS but i dont have much information about it so i wanted to ask you that if i am from sci. bio stream than can i choose any other sub to appear in exam rather then sci.bio please help me out.
25th November 2017, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I dreamed to become an IAS officer, now iam studying MBBS 1st year..so please tell me what i have to do to become an IAS officer...please...sir.
4th February 2018, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am in class 11 I also want to become ias officer my stream is science so to become an ias do we have to take our graduation from university or can we do from college
30th June 2018, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed 12 with science. Now which stream should I take for preparation for I.A.S
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?