17th May 2011, 03:45 PM
priyankathota

What is actuarial science? Books to be referred for this exam?

hi what is the actural science.which books r read in this exam...which books r prefered.any website is there.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do graduation in Actuarial Science and what are the career prospect of this subject? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Actuarial Science Examination-Foundations of Casualty Actuarial Science-Part II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. Am I eligible to do Actuarial science after completion of B.Com as under graduation course?
  4. Annamalai University - P.G. Diploma in Actuarial Science- Basics of Actuarial Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Is it possible to do Post graduation in Actuarial Science after completing BBA?
  6. Are there any colleges in Kerala having Actuarial Science course?
  7. Post graduation in actuarial science after graduation in B.A Economics? Details about entrance exams for actuarial science?
  8. How is the branch of MSc in Actuarial Science? Is MSc in this field worth it?
  9. Annamalai University-P.G. Diploma in Actuarial Science-Advanced Topics in Actuarial Statistics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Actuarial Science Examination-Foundations of Casualty Actuarial Science-Part I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Eligibility criteria and entrance exam to study M.Sc(Actuarial Science) in City University London? -- [New]
  12. Which is the best institute in Delhi offering Actuarial Science?
  13. What should i do after passing 12th with Actuarial Science
  14. Books to be referred for engineering science exam of GATE?
  15. How to apply for Actuarial Science with Eco(Hons) after scoring 100 marks in Maths in 12th? Can I opt for acturial science with B.Com(Hons)? List of colleges from where I can do Actuarial Science?
  16. How to get admission in BS(Actuarial Science) at University of Kalyani?
  17. Colleges and institutes offering distance learning for M.Sc./P.G.Diploma in Actuaries Science? which institutes provide postal coaching for actuarial science exam?
  18. Which are the colleges in India for M.Sc in Actuarial Science?
29th June 2011, 08:20 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is actuarial science? Books to be referred for this exam?

Hey,
Actuarial science is the discipline that:
1> applies mathematical and statistical methods to assess risk in the insurance and finance industries.

2> Actuaries are professionals who are qualified in this field through education and experience.

Books to be refer for it:
1>Books and Actuary Study Matierial for Statistics
2>Probability
3> Interest
4> Investments
5>Calculus
6>Annuities
7> Casualty
8>Disability

good luck
29th June 2011, 11:20 PM
nikhilpatidar

Actuarial science:-Actuarial science is a discipline that applies mathematical and statistical method.
Actuarial science includes a number of interrelating subjects including probability, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics and financial economics.

List of books for Actuarial exam:-
i)SOA Financial Economic Theory
ii)FSA module-Health Foundations
iii)Actuarial career Advancement
13th August 2011, 08:23 AM
DN358
Banned

Actuarial science is the discipline that:
1> applies mathematical and statistical methods to assess risk in the insurance and finance industries.

2> Actuaries are professionals who are qualified in this field through education and experience.

Books to be refer for it:
1>Books and Actuary Study Matierial for Statistics
2>Probability
3> Interest
4> Investments
5>Calculus
6>Annuities
7> Casualty
8>Disability
thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?