kumari ritu raj

What is central teacher eligibility test

when next central teacher eligiblity test will be held in 2013

10th December 2012, 05:26 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What is central teacher eligibility test

Hello Friend ,

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.
This test is important for all aspiring teachers who wish to join as teacher in Central Government Schools like KVS/ NVS/ Tibetan School etc.
States who do not wish to conduct State TET (State Teacher Eligibility Test) may consider the CTET score for recruitment of teachers.

Minimum Qualifications for Classes I-V: -

Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education (or its equivalent)

OR
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education (or its equivalent), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations 2012 OR
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)

OR
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*

Minimum Qualifications for Classes VI-VIII:

B.A. /B.Sc and passed or appearing in final 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education* (or its equivalent)
OR

B.A. /B.Sc. with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 – year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)*

OR
B.A. /B.Sc. with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1 – year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)*, in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.

OR
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)*

OR
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year BA/B.Sc.Ed. or B.A. (Ed.)/B.Sc. (Ed.)*

OR
B.A. /B.Sc. with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 – year B.Ed. (Special Education)*

A diploma/degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However, in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.

CTET 2012-2013 Pattern / Structure:-

All questions in CTET test will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each carrying one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct. There will be no negative marking. There will be two papers of CTET.
(i) Paper I will be for a person who intents to be a teacher for classes I to V.

(ii) Paper II will be for a person who intents to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.

Paper I (for classes I to V): Duration of examination - one-and-a-half hours

Structure and Content (All Compulsory): (Appendix 1)

(i) Child Development and Pedagogy 30 MCQs 30 Marks
(ii) Language I 30 MCQs 30 Marks
(iii) Language II 30 MCQs 30 Marks
(iv) Mathematics 30 MCQs 30 Marks
(v) Environmental Studies 30 MCQs 30 Marks

Total 150 MCQs 150 Marks

Paper II (for classes VI to VIII): Duration of examination - one-and-a-half hours

Structure and Content: (Appendix 1)

(i) Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory) 30 MCQs 30Marks
(ii) Language I (compulsory) 30 MCQs 30Marks
(iii) Language II (compulsory) 30 MCQs 30Marks
(iv)(a) For Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics and Science – 60 MCQs 60 marks
(b) For Social studies/Social Science Teacher: Social Science – 60 MCQs 60 marks

THE DATE OF CTET 2013 ,HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED YET , THEREFORE TO GET MORE INFORMATION REGARDING EXAM DATE PLEASE VISIT THE OFFICIAL PAGE OF CTET :- http://ctet.nic.in/

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ..

GOOD LUCK ..

10th December 2012, 07:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is central teacher eligibility test

CBSE conducts Central teachers eligibility test every year for making them eligible for teacher's job in Central government schools.

You must be B.Ed. if you want to apply for CTET exam .

B.Ed. is done after Graduation for becoming teacher in schools. But to get government teachers job you have to qualify TET exam which is conducted by central and state government.

If you qualify TET then you will be eligible to apply for Government jobs of teacher . And if you have better score than others then you will get the job.

For more information on CTET visit http://www.ctet.nic.in
10th December 2012, 10:38 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Teacher Eligibility Test known as TET is an Indian elgibility test for teachers. The test is conducted by both Central government and State governments in India. The test is conducted in order fulfill the achieve Right to education goals.

To be eligible to take the CTET or any other TET conducted by the states.

**one has to have a degree in education (B.Ed or D. Ed) or be on the verge of completing a degree in the year of taking the test.

**Teachers will need to take the TET within a period of 5 years from the time the TET is first notified.

**This kind of a qualifying test can help improve the quality of teachers right from the recruitment stage.

The Central Government and many States have begun conducting the TET. The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) was conducted by the CBSE for the first time in June 2011.

all the best..............
11th December 2012, 09:46 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) is a exam to recruit teachers for Class I to Class VIII for government schools that are funded by the government of India. The Central Teachers Eligibility Test is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education on the behalf of Ministry of Human Resources and Development.

The idea behind CTET exam was to improve quality of education in government schools. It was identified that education standard in government schools was very poor, especially in comparison with private schools.

This is why Ministry of Human Resources and Development decided to introduce Central Teachers Eligibility Test. Each state of India was also told to conduct a similar test. This test is known as Teachers Eligibility Test which is conducted by each state separately.

The CTET exam covers Kendriya Vidhalaya, Tibetan Schools and all the other primary schools that are funded by the central government. After clearing CTET you can not take admission in any school which is funded by state government. For that you would have to appear for the TET exam of that particular state.

The CTET exam is considered to be very difficult. Only less than 10 percent of total candidates appearing manages to clear this exam.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree in any stream,

3. At least 50 percent marks in graduation.

4. A B.Ed degree from a recognized university.

5. There is no age limit to apply for CTET.

The dates for 2013 CTET exams are yet to be announced.
11th December 2012, 10:20 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Central Teacher Eligibility Test(CTAT) is conducted by CBSE for Recruitment of teachers in CBSE Schools/Government schools/ Unaided Private Schools.

There are two types of papers for which the exam is taken:-

Paper 1 - If you want to become a teacher from class 1 to 5 then you will have to appear for this paper.(Primary stage)

Paper 2 - If you want to become a teacher from class 6 to 8 then you will have to appear for this paper.(Elementary stage)

Educational qualification required for Primary stage:-

>>You should be 10+2 pass out with minimum of 50% marks with Degree in Bachelor of Elementary Education(B.EI.Ed).

Educational qualification required for Elementary stage:-

>>Graduation pass out with 50% marks along with 2/1 year B.ed degree.

For this year the exam has been taken of 14th November 2012.

Till now next year exam date has not been declared.

Its official site is www.ctet.nic.in
15th December 2012, 11:13 PM
LUCKY 4

HELLO FRIEND........

You must be B.Ed. if you want to apply for CTET exam .

B.Ed. is done after Graduation for becoming teacher in schools. But to get government teachers job you have to qualify TET exam which is conducted by central and state government.

If you qualify TET then you will be eligible to apply for Government jobs of teacher . And if you have better score than others then you will get the job.

For more information on CTET visit http://www.ctet.nic.in

GOOD LUCK !!!!()()(_)
29th January 2013, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

I am working in a CBSE school since last 5 years, is it compulsory to pass CTET for regularisation
20th January 2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am post graduate. & i have cleared ctet exam this year, but i haven't done b.ed. am i eligible for govt job of teacher in schools.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?