21st January 2018, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

What are the chances of getting admission in B.Sc Psychology after passing Higher Secondary from Commerce stream?

I am pursuing my Higher Secondary from Commerce stream. Can I apply for Bachelor of Science in Psychology? Is there any possibility to join B.Sc in Psychology? I'm even ready to go for any entrance exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to change stream from Commerce to Arts in 12th after failing the first exam from Commerce stream?
  2. Chances of admission in government medical college in Tripura after passing from Assam Higher Secondary Board?
  3. Higher Secondary school in Kerala providing Psychology instead of Mathematics?
  4. Why Govt Higher Secondary school not giving admission in Commerce stream with maths subject?
  5. List of colleges offering B.Sc(Psychology) in Kerala?
  6. Can I take admission in MCA course after passing higher secondary with 65% in science stream
  7. Can we get admission in BCA without having Maths in Higher Secondary? Passing 12th from any stream will be fine?
  8. Availability of Automobile Engineering course after passing 12th from Commerce stream? -- [New]
  9. What should I opt to study in Higher Secondary being a NIOS student with mentioned subjects?
  10. Minimum marks required to make PCM group?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for T.Y.B.Com exam right after completion of HSC?
  12. Which schools should I approach for my Higher Secondary in Commerce stream?
  13. Higher secondaryschool in Kerala providing Psychology in Science Stream instead of Mathematics?
  14. Can i get admission in Science stream with 6.2 CGPA in 10th? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is BSc nursing the right choice after passing out higher secondary? Should I instead choose BSc agriculture?
  16. Information about Psychology course in Abroad after Higher Secondary?
  17. What is the procedure and requirements for taking admission in AMU after passing 10th from JKBSE?
  18. Can I give H.Sc exam directly after completing S.Sc?
24th January 2018, 03:54 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the chances of getting admission in B.Sc Psychology after passing Higher Secondary from Commerce stream?

Yes. You are eligible to get admission for B.Sc Psychology after completion of 10+2 from Commerce stream.

To join Psychology course at Graduation level, candidates of any stream from 10+2 are eligible to join.

But to opt for Psychology at Post Graduation level, candidates must have completed Graduation with Psychology only. No other streams from Graduation are allowed to opt for PG in Psychology.

As a part of admission, you can get direct admission in most of the colleges for B.Sc Psychology course.

However some colleges will conduct Entrance Exam to give admission for the course.

Not all the colleges will offer this course.

Hence collect the list of colleges offering this course and choose the best among them as per top faculty and other facilities and get admission in that college.

Here are some of the colleges offering B.Sc Psychology course.
Madras University
Presidency College, Chennai
Pune University
University of Delhi etc.
25th January 2018, 12:32 PM
Ramabai L

Default Re: What are the chances of getting admission in B.Sc Psychology after passing Higher Secondary from Commerce stream?

Candidates who want to study B Sc in Psychology, minimum eligibility is 50% in class 10+2. In few colleges, candidates are selected by entrance exam as well as 10+2 score. Candidate should have good problem solving and Mathematics skills. Some Institutes offers admission to the candidates by the entrance and also Group discussion and Personal Interview.

Last edited by Ramabai L; 30th January 2018 at 03:49 AM. Reason: i need to follow the guidelines
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?