14th January 2016, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

What should I opt to study in Higher Secondary being a NIOS student with mentioned subjects?

Dear Sir,
What stream should I join in Higher Secondary if I am doing English, Painting, Indian Culture and Heritage, Home Science, Data processing, Psychology in 10th standard of NIOS Board?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study Marine after completion of 12th Accountancy? Does all colleges accepted NIOS certificate?
  2. Can Kerela Government debar students with the secondary certificate of NIOS from their board of higher secondary?
  3. Possibility to study MBBS for 12th NIOS student?
  4. Which subject to choose after completing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  5. What should I study in Higher Secondary to pursue B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) being a 10th NIOS student?
  6. Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in CBSE Board if pursuing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  7. Is it possible to appear only in Mathematics exam of NIOS for Higher Secondary Commerce student?
  8. Subjects combination in Higher Secondary for a candidate who want to study Biology?
  9. Will i considered fail in HS final (SEBA) after failing in Accountancy?
  10. What should I do further if secured less percentage in Higher Secondary and failed in NIOS?
  11. Is it possible to appear in Mathematics exam from NIOS Board if pursuing Higher Secondary Commerce from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  12. Whether NIOS certificate is considered by Odisha Council of Secondary Higher Education or not?
  13. What should I study further after completing 10th NIOS?
  14. Admission procedure to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University for 10th NIOS candidate?
  15. Can I get admission to study CBSE Higher Secondary after completing 10th NIOS?
  16. Courses available for a candidate who has secured 50% in Senior Secondary from NIOS Board?
  17. Detail about the courses that I can opt after 12th higher secondary? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in Guru Nanak School, Ranchi if completed 10th NIOS?
15th February 2016, 07:33 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I opt to study in Higher Secondary being a NIOS student with mentioned subjects?

You must obviously join arts stream. The subject combinations that you have currently in NIOS will be best complemented by arts stream in class 11. There will be quite a few arts subjects to choose from. You need to have English as one of the language subjects. You need to choose 4 more subjects from arts domain. By looking into your subject combination in 10th standard, I have few suggestions. If possible, take up Nutrition, Painting and Sculpture, Education and Political Science as the other 4 subjects. You can replace Education with Psychology, if that combination is available in your school. Generally these combinations are school dependent. Sometimes schools don't give you a choice. Whatever subjects they offer, you are bound to take them all up. If you do not fall into such a shallow situation, then do keep in mind the subjects I mentioned for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?