9th June 2018, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

What are the criteria for female candidates to join Indian Air Force?

Sir, I am female candidate. And, now I have passed 12th with 70% and my subjects are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Can I join Indian Air Force Academy?

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for girls through B.E.(Civil Engineering)? Safety available for girls in Indian Air Force?
  2. Can a Female candidate join the Indian Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Air Force?
  3. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  5. How to prepare for Hindi Paper in Rewar Sidhi Gramin Bank?
  6. Can a Female candidate get a job in the Indian Air Force? What will be the pay scale?
  7. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  8. How may I get admission in M.S in Germany? What's the qualification and paper works required required?
  9. Process to join IAF without having Maths in 12th?
  10. Being a 24 years old BSMS female graduate am I eligible for Indian Navy or Indian Air Force?
  11. How can I join Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Sc 3rd semester being a 18 years old female candidate?
  12. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate with 5 years of IT experience? -- [New]
  13. Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?
  14. Career in Air force for a female MCA post graduate?
  15. Is there any entrance exam for Merchant Navy? I am pursuing B.Tech in applied electronics engineering
  16. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  17. What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force?
  18. How can female's join Indian Air Force after doing B.E ECE? Procedure to join?
11th June 2018, 08:26 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the criteria for female candidates to join Indian Air Force?

There are several ways to join Indian Air Force and one of the best way for 12th completed candidates is through "National Defence Academy/ Naval Academy". But female candidates are not eligible to appear in NDA/ NA Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. But there are some other ways through which you can join Indian Air Force.

You may also join Indian Air Force through "Combined Defence Services" (CDS) Exam conducted by UPSC. For appearing in this examination also, the minimum qualification required is Graduation. Hence, I suggest you to first pursue Graduation, so that you will be eligible to apply for CDS as girls are also allowed. There are several wings available in CDS.

<> Age required for CDS - 20 to 24 years

<> Qualification Required for CDS (Air Force Academy Wing): Degree from a recognized university (with Physics and Mathematics at 12th level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
11th June 2018, 09:01 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the criteria for female candidates to join Indian Air Force?

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard being a female candidate. To join Indian Air Force through NDA examination, you should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
11th June 2018, 11:09 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl candidate and class 12th pursuing student there is no type of entry which will give you job in the Indian Defense sector even after completion your class 12th.

But you can join the same through CDS and AFCAT after completion your Graduation with Physics or Mathematics or any engineering stream from a recognized university.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and to join Indian Air Force through same your age need to lie within 19 to 23 years.

AFCAT stands Air Force Common Admission Test and for entry through AFCAT your age need to lie within 20 to 24 years.

For more information, you can visit at www.careerforce.nic.in.
11th June 2018, 01:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Girls candidates are not eligible to appear in entrance examination for recruitment in Air Force on the basis of 12th educational qualification.'

AFCAT examination is conducted by Air Force and candidates after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment in Air Force as an officer.

The required minimum educational qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 19-26 years. The examination will be conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination till completion of bachelor degree.

For more information about examination visit at www.careerairfoce.nic.in.
11th June 2018, 03:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Female candidates are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after 12th.

The minimum required qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in examination.

AFCAT examination will be conducted in two stages and you have to qualify in Written and SSB for final selection.

AFCAT examination is conducted twice in a year by Indian Air Force.
11th June 2018, 09:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a female candidate, you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force or any other defense services wings just being a Class 12th passed candidate as the minimum education required by a female candidate to join Indian Air force is a bachelor degree from a recognized university.

Further, for joining Indian Air force, you need to qualify AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ) and for appearing in the same examination your age need to lie within 20 years to 24 years for joining its flying branch and 20 years to 26 years for ground duty branch. Also, you must satisfy the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding entries in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
11th June 2018, 10:30 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC for selection of candidates into:

Indian Army.

Indian Navy.

Indian Air Force.

The eligibility criteria is that only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for NDA examination. Female candidates cannot apply for this exam.

Female candidates who want to join Indian Air Force can apply for AFCAT or CDS exam after bachelor's degree.
14th June 2018, 10:08 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that being a female candidate you are not eligible to join any wings of Indian defense services after completing your Class 12th as for female candidates the minimum education required to join Indian Air force is a bachelor degree from a recognized university.

Further, to join Air force Academy you will be required to qualify either CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) or AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ) once you complete your bachelor degree course.

For details and updates regarding different entries in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?