3rd February 2017, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Can a Female candidate join the Indian Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Air Force?

Respected Sir, I am a Female candidate and I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I wish to join the Indian Air Force so I want to know can a Female candidate join the Indian Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Air Force? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  3. Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for girls through B.E.(Civil Engineering)? Safety available for girls in Indian Air Force?
  4. Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?
  5. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  6. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  7. Can a Female candidate get a job in the Indian Air Force? What will be the pay scale?
  8. How can I join Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Sc 3rd semester being a 18 years old female candidate?
  9. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  10. What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force?
  11. What are the qualifications required to join Indian Air Force?
  12. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing class 12th (PCB)? What is the procedure to join the Air Force? -- [New]
  13. Required Eligibility criteria to join Graduation in IGNOU being a candidate working in Air Force?
  14. What is the Physical criteria required to join the Indian Air Force X group?
  15. Can I join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing B-Pharmacy from Pune University being a Medical student in 12th Class?
  16. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for the Indian Air Force and Navy exam? How much should I score in class 10th to join any of them?
  18. Am I eligible to join Indian Air force after diploma in IT?
7th February 2017, 08:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Female candidate join the Indian Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am a Female candidate and I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I wish to join the Indian Air Force so I want to know can a Female candidate join the Indian Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Air Force? Please answer as soon as possible.
After 12th standard, female candidates are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam. If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized University then you are eligible for Indian Air Force exam through CDS and AFCAT exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Air force academy:-You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Age criteria:-

Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 years.

AFCAT is stand for Air Force Common Admission Test.

If you have completed BE/B.Tech degree then you are eligible for flying branch exam but your 12th standard subject must be physics and Mathematics. Your age should be in between 19 to 23 year.

If you have completed BE/B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering from a recognized university then you are eligible for Technical Branch exam. Your age should be in between 18 to 28 year.

If you have completed in PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ground Duty Branches. Your age should be in between 19 to 27 years.
7th February 2017, 07:50 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a Female candidate join the Indian Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Air Force?

Being a girl candidate and Class 12th pursuing student there is no type of entry which will give you job in the Indian defense sector even after completing your Class 12th.

But you can join the same through CDS and AFCAT after completing your graduation with Physics or Mathematics or any engineering stream from a recognized university.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and to join Air force academy through same your age need to lie within 19 years to 23 years where as AFCAT refers to Air force Common Admission Test and for entry through AFCAT your age need to lie within 20 years to 24 years ( or 26 years in case of ground duty).

For more details about different types of entries in Indian Air force you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?