29th August 2019, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the cut-off to be eligible to apply for NDA examination?

If I get 45 marks in Mathematics out of hundred and I score 62% in overall in 10th class Board exam then am I eligible for NDA examination? And, latest by when one should apply for the NDA examination?

31st August 2019, 02:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the cut-off to be eligible to apply for NDA examination?

You are not eligible to appear in NDA with std 10th qualification.

NDA is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidates pursuing in 12th are also eligible.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear. No minimum required aggregate in 10th or 12th to appear for examination.

So, you will have to wait to become eligible to appear in examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2019, 02:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in two stages for final selection. You can apply for the examination when the notification will be released.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination now. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2019, 02:42 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to join the same, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible.

So, having just completed your Class 10th, you are not eligible to apply for NDA entrance examination at this stage. Also, I would like to let you know that the marks in Class 10th or Class 12th does not matters as far as the eligibility for the same examination is concerned.

For more detailed information regarding NDA examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2019, 02:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA examination is conducted twice every year by UPSC for selection of candidates to different academies of Defence like Army, Navy and Air Force.

The minimum educational qualification required for NDA exam is 12th passed from a recognized board with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects for candidates who want to join Navy or Air Force. You will be eligible for exam if you secure minimum of 35% marks in 12th board exam.

But, you should aim to score as much as you can with proper study and revision. Tenth standard marks has nothing to do with eligibility for NDA exam.
31st August 2019, 03:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy. UPSC conducts NDA examination twice every year.

The eligibility criteria for NDA examination:

1. You must have passed 12th with passing percentage of marks. Your marks in 10th standard will not be criteria for eligibility in case of this case because minimum academic qualification is 12th.

2. The age criteria 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Only unmarried male Indian citizen can apply for this exam.
31st August 2019, 06:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear in NDA examination now.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board.

Age limit - 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male and physically fit candidates are eligible.

No minimum required aggregate in std 12th to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted twice by UPSC.

So, for any more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?