2nd June 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA examination before my 12 standard examination?

Sir, I am doing 10+2 in Science from Nagaland. Im very much interested Indian Army and would like to know that I can apply for NDA examination before my final examination? I also like to know what are the process and required qualification. My date of birth is 02 Feb 1992.

13th October 2012, 12:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA examination before my 12 standard examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am doing 10+2 in Science from Nagaland. Im very much interested Indian Army and would like to know that I can apply for NDA examination before my final examination? I also like to know what are the process and required qualification. My date of birth is 02 Feb 1992.

NDA in conducted by the UPSC(union public service commission)twice in a year i.e, NDA I &NDA II. in every year.

The Eligibility criteria for NDA exam are-
  • You must have citizenship of India
  • You must be completed 12th standard from recognized state board of India (Arts and commerce are applicable for only Indian Army post)
  • Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19years
  • Only unmarried male candidates are eligible
### Final year of 12th standard candidate are applicable for NDA exam.

If You can prepare well to your study books then you can definitely get admission in NDA.You can prepare now GK portion and Mathematics portion.

The pattern of NDA Exam is given below-

The selection procedure for NDA exam is 1) Written Test. 2) Personal Interview.

Sorry to say that you are not applicable for NDA exam.Because Your date of birth is 02 Feb 1992 .Means at that time your age is over 19 years old.The maximum age criteria for NDA exam is 19 years old.

But if you really interested in defense sector , then you can definitely get admission through CDS , UES , AFCAT exam.But you must have B-TECH degree or graduation degree from recognized university .Final year student are also applicable for those courses.

For information on NDA exam visit UPSC official website: http://upsc.gov.in

13th October 2012, 01:27 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I apply for NDA examination before my 12 standard examination?

Quote:
Dear,

NDA i.e. national defence academy exam is conducted to take students for different posts in airforce, army and navy.

Your age for this must be between 16.5 to 19 years. Since you were born in 1992 then by 2012 you must be around 20. In that case i am sorry to say that you are not eligible to sit for NDA exam after 12th.

If you want to go in the defence sector then you should go for b.tech after 12th if you have PCM in 12th. Army, airforce and navy takes students from B.tech for both technical and non-technical posts for which you can apply after your B.tech. It will be a good decision in one more sense that if you do not make in this field any how then at least you will have an engineering degree by which you can have a good career and you will have many other options too.

Best of luck!
13th October 2012, 01:39 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for NDA examination before my 12 standard examination?

Quote:

NDA stands for National Defense Academy

As you are wishing to Apply for NDA before completing your 12th Exam then yes, it is possible to apply for NDA but you must have in your 12th standard and waiting for your Result......

You have mention that your date of birth is 02 feb 1992 then you are not eligible for applying NDA exam Because according to Age criteria for NDA state that a candidate age should not exist 19 years.....

Eligibility and Criteria for NDA:
  • Candidate must have completed their 12th science with at least 60% from recognized board.
  • Only Unmarried Male can Apply for NDA.
  • Age should be Between 16.5 to 19 years.
  • Nationality of INDIA.

Exam Pattern:

Physical Requirement:

But, If you are still Interesting to join Indian Army then you can apply for CDS (Combined Defense Service) Exam.......

>> For that you have to complete your Graduation Degree first off all...

Age Limit for CDS:

• For Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years
  • For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years
  • For Naval Academy : 19-22 Years
  • For Officers’ Training Academy :19-25 Years

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
13th October 2012, 04:04 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for NDA examination before my 12 standard examination?

HELLO DEAR

sorry you are not available for NDA

The Eligibility criteria for NDA exam are-

You must have citizenship of India
You must be completed 12th standard from recognized state board of India (Arts and commerce are applicable for only Indian Army post)
Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19years
13th October 2012, 07:46 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Iam sorry to say this you are not eligible for NDA examination because the maximum age limit to appear this exam is 19years, but you are already crossed the age limit so you are not eligible for NDA exam, the complete details about NDA exam is given below:

Eligibility criteria for NDA examination:-

The candidate should be complete 12th standard from a recognised state or central board.

Percentage is not required to appear this exam.

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Candidae must be physically fit.

The age limits are 16.5years to 19years, and no upper age relaxation.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible i.e girls are not eligible

Selection process:-

Written test,

SSB Interview,

Medical test.

Physical standards:-

For more details website

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
14th October 2012, 10:16 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

To apply for Air force and Navy wings :- The student must have studied Physics a& Mathematics in their examination.

To apply for Army wings :- Physics & Mathematics in 12th examination is not must.

Syllabus of examination :-
Mathematics
General ability

The subjects for the NDA Entrance Exam 2012 will be as follows:

Subject Code Duration Maximum Marks
Mathematics 01 2 Hours 300
General Ability Test 02 2 Hours 600

To be eligible you must complete your 12th standard and your age must be between 16.5 to 19 years.

Thanks...

15th October 2012, 12:23 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

That is not possible for the before 12th standard you are not eligible for the NDA exam. After completing 12th standard you are eligible for the NDA exam. The maximum age limit also not good for you. Below 19 years candidates are eligible for this exam.

The below criteria for the NDA exam.

Candidate should complete the graduation with any stream from any recognized university.

Candidate min age limit is 16.5 years and maximum age limit is 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates eligible. Female candidates not eligible.

Candidate should be citizen of india.

Candidate physically and medically fit for this exam.

ALL THE BEST.
15th October 2012, 12:42 AM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello ,

Sorry to inform you dear that you are not eligible for National Defence Academy (NDA)

*As the required qualification is (10+2)having compulsory subjects PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY & MATHS.
*Age limit is
MINIMUM :- 16.5 Years.
MAXIMUM :-19 Years.

*Candidate must be unmarried male & should be citizen of India.

Visit the given Website for more details & information:
www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You !!!
15th October 2012, 12:44 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
National Defence Academy (NDA).

Nice to see your interest in the field of the NDA. National Defence Academy (NDA) examination is conducted twice in every year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the selection in the different wing of the NDA. If you are more interested in the NDA field then to appear in the NDA examination you need following criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination.
--> The minimum educational qualification is pass 12th class from a recognize board. 12th board exam appearing student can also apply for NDA.
--> The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of examination.

NOTE :- Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for the NDA examination. Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the NDA entrance examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the NDA examination. As per your above mention question you are studying in the 12th class then in the appearing of 12th board exam you can apply for the NDA examination.

For any more information regarding NDA examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th October 2012, 09:58 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear NDA exam in the Final year of your 12th studies before 12th exam.

NDA - National Defence Academy(NDA), the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried male having either appear for the final Exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th October 2012, 01:38 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,
NDA EXAM STANDS FOR NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC TWICE IN A YEAR.

NDA EXAM ELIGIBILITY;-
*you must be passed 12th standard from a recognized university.

*science stream for navy and air force

*age limit is 16.5- 19 years.

*you must be unmarried male and Indian citizen

*you must be physically as well as mentally fit.

NDA EXAM PATTERN;-

NDA EXAM PHYSICAL STANDARD;-

for more information;-
upsc.gov.in
30th October 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA Entrance examination while in 12 standard? My date of birth is: 01/04/1995
29th November 2012, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

My birth date is 18th of may 1994 can i apply for 2013 nda exm
14th May 2015, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Can I Join NDA? My DOB is 1st Nov 1996 Im From Nagaland At Present Im In My 12th Standart
14th May 2015, 12:02 PM
pjgp

No,you are not eligible to write the NDA examination Now.
Because NDA is the entrance examination for the students who have completed in the 12th class in the subjects of maths,physics,chemistry.
age should be between 16.5 to 19 years
unmarried male candidates are elgible.
women are not eligible.
candidate should be physically and mentally fit.........

NDA is the entrance exam for :

Indian NAVY
Indian airforce
Indian army

all the best
14th May 2015, 04:34 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

NDA EXAM=NDA stands for national defense academy

eligibility criteria:-

**nationality:- candidate must be either
a)citizen of India or
b)a subject of Bhutan
c)a subject of Nepal

**educational qualification:-12th passed with minimum of 55% from a boards

**age limit:- born not earlier than 2nd July 1996 and not later than 1st July 1999 (16.5 to 19 years)

**marital status:- unmarried

**candidate must be medically fit and fine in all aspects.

** free from infections and diseases.

** height :- minimum 157 cm for men (162 cm in air force)

through NDA EXAM one can get into

1)Indian army
2)Indian navy
3)Indian air force

NDA II=
date of notification=20-06-2015
last date of receipt of application form=17-07-2015
date of exam=27-09-2015

on clearing the exam,you will be called for service selection board interview (ssb),which will last for 5 days followed by medical checkup.-after this ,you will have to wait for your 12th results and NDA merit lists.-once you clear these,you will be at NDA .training will be of 4 yrs including 3 years at NDA and 1 years at IMA,dehradun.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?