26th July 2017, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between B.Com and BCA Computer Science?

What is the difference between B.Com and BCA Computer Science? Is it same subjects followed or different? Can you please list me the subjects which are part of both the degrees? Which course to take to ensure there will be bright future? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between B.Com and BCA Computer Science?
  2. Difference between B.Sc CS and BCA? Which course is better from job and placement point of view?
  3. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
  4. Difference between BCA and BSc? Is Computer Science a different area or does it come under computer engineering? Is B.Tech better than BSc?
  5. Difference between BCA and BSc(Computer Science)? Which has more and what is the syllabus?
  6. Can I study BCom(Computer Application) after completing 12th Science? -- [New]
  7. Difference between computer science and computer science and engineering? Which one has a better scope?
  8. Difference between: B.IT, B.tech CSE. B.tech IT, BSc Computer science, BCA -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I do BCA or BBA after doing computer science?
  10. Difference between MSc Computer Science, B.Tech CSE, BSc Computer science and CA?
  11. Difference between computer engineering and computer science?
  12. Which is the best field among Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and Computer Engineering? Difference between both?
  13. Difference between computer science and computer science and engineering? Which one has a better scope?
  14. What is the difference between MSc maths and MSc computer science?
  15. What is the difference between Computer Science Engineering and Computer Science Information Technology?
  16. B.E., B.Sc, BCA or Diploma which is better to study Computer Science for 2nd PUC student?
  17. How B.Sc Computer Science is differ from B.Tech Computer Science Engineering?
  18. What should I do after 12th in Arts Faculty? Should I go for B.Com?
10th August 2017, 06:27 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between B.Com and BCA Computer Science?

B.Com stands for Bachelor of Commerce and BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications.

Both are 3 year Graduation courses being offered by many of the colleges in India.

If you opt for B.Com course, you will be having Commerce related subjects like
-Commerce
-Economics
-Tax
-Economy etc.
in addition to Computers

If you opt for BCA course, you will be having most of the Computers subjects like
-Core Java
-Advance Java
-C
-RDBMS
-Networking etc.

It's not like B.Com course is not good and BCA course is good or vice versa. Both the courses are having good career opportunities and job prospects for the candidates.

So. I would suggest you to choose the course as per your interest where your knowledge and strengths are being fully utilized.

If you want to get into IT industry for software jobs, then BCA is a better choice.

If you want to have your career in Finance or Commerce domain, then please choose B.Com course.

If you opt for B.Com course at Graduation, go for MBA or M.Com at Post Graduation.

Similarly, if you opt for BCA at Graduation, go for MCA at Post Graduation.
11th August 2017, 12:15 PM
Mattbay

Before explaining difference between BCA and B.Com in detail i will clear idea between-
Computer Application- It is study which involves application of various computer software/languages such as C++, python, Oracle,Java,COBOL,etc.

Computer Science- This study involves working of computer i.e, hardware and software too ,how to designs hardware and their spare parts and after compiling software successfully how to run it on computer and everything comes under Computer Science.

Both above courses you mentioned are computer application courses.

Now,
There are not many differences between BCA and B.Com. both courses are same.

Many institutes/ university provides these courses and admission in it may through personal tests, interview or merit basis.

Both courses have same eligibility criteria - 12th or any other equivalent.

Both courses are of same duration - 3 years.

Difference comes in opportunities and technicalities. In BCA course i find more opportunities and variety of positions in both public and private industry where in B.Com. in computer application have to deal with corporate world too.

However, both courses provides equal opportunity to start their own business.
11th August 2017, 10:50 PM
aks088
Junior Member+

Dear Aspirant,
Bachelor of commerce is the study related to business management, business accounting, business law, and business taxation and many more related to business study.
And
Bachelor of computer application is the study with related to computer software, programming languages, all about how to apply computer software for better and better use for human being.

Thanks and regard
26th July 2022, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

In bcom computers and bca, what is better
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?