29th October 2014, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Difference between B.Sc CS and BCA? Which course is better from job and placement point of view?

Hello people.. I need to know some good colleges providing BCA Courses in Mulund..
Also if you all can then please tell me the difference b/w Bsc.Cs (Computer Science) & BCA.
As far as I've googled colleges, going to each and every colleges website I've noticed they all don't mention BCA in their courses, is this right? I mean googling the results mentioning BCA still gets me to non BCA colleges Anyways.. I only know a little that these both courses have almost same subjects.. Am i right? And according to your opinions Which course is "better", better in sense of jobs placements?
Really appreciate your responses..
Thank you..

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference in BSc Nursing and GNM?
  2. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
  3. What should I do after B.Tech? Which institution is the best for GATE from placement point of view?
  4. Is it good to do BCA and MCA after 12th from job point of view? Can I get a good job after doing MCA?
  5. Which is the best branch in engineering in future?
  6. What is better between BSc Medical Microbiology and BSc Industrial Microbiology?
  7. Difference between Ph.D in statistics and PhD in applied statistics in opportunity point of view?
  8. Difference between BSc(EMCS and PMCS) and BCA?
  9. B.Ed.(correspondence) or M.A. (correspondence) Which one would be better from job point of view?
  10. Difference between BCA and BSc(Computer Science)? Which has more and what is the syllabus?
  11. B.Sc Microbiology is better than BCA or B.Sc Computers? Job opportunities after B.Sc Microbiology?
  12. Which course to do after Diploma in computer science?
  13. What is the difference between EC and ET? How are the job placements? Which course is more famous nowadays?
  14. Difference between distance learning LLM and regular course? How to join a college in lecturer post?
  15. Any job for me after BSc degree or BCA?
  16. Difference between BCA and BSc? Is Computer Science a different area or does it come under computer engineering? Is B.Tech better than BSc?
  17. Difference between: B.IT, B.tech CSE. B.tech IT, BSc Computer science, BCA -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is MSc Bioinformatics through distance learning good from career point of view? Will I get better placement after completing this course from Distance Learning? Names of institute providing DL in MSc Bioinformatics?
27th November 2014, 02:04 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Difference between B.Sc CS and BCA? Which course is better from job and placement point of view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello people.. I need to know some good colleges providing BCA Courses in Mulund..
Also if you all can then please tell me the difference b/w Bsc.Cs (Computer Science) & BCA.
As far as I've googled colleges, going to each and every colleges website I've noticed they all don't mention BCA in their courses, is this right? I mean googling the results mentioning BCA still gets me to non BCA colleges Anyways.. I only know a little that these both courses have almost same subjects.. Am i right? And according to your opinions Which course is "better", better in sense of jobs placements?
Really appreciate your responses..
Thank you..
Both the BCA and B.Sc computer science course having good scope in both the private and public sectors. Both the courses having the same opportunities and career prospects as well. However, there is difference in subject wise between the courses.

BCA course concentrates on different areas of Programming, Computer Science, Database Design, Networks and Information Systems, Software Engineering. On the other hand B.Sc Computer Science concentrates on mathematical and theoretical foundations of computing that's the reason BCA students get first preference in IT companies.

Colleges Offering BCA Course:-
  • Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS)
  • Satya Institute of Media and Management
  • Indian Institute of Management & Commerce (IIMC)
  • Prestige Institute of Management and Research
  • Apeejay Institute of Management
  • Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC)
  • JK Business School (JKBS)
  • Prestige Institute Of Management
  • IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT)
13th March 2015, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between B.Sc CS and BCA? Which course is better from job and placement point of view?

which are the best BCA colleges in kerala??what minimum marks in 12th class is needed for admissions in BCA??
9th April 2015, 01:46 PM
amanshrivastava98

B. Sc. stands for Bachelor of Science.

CS stands for Computer Science

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

All are the graduation course and are equally promising but yes, as far as the job opportunities are concerned, you should go for the BE/BTech in Computer Science if you are eligible.

Because all the other graduations won't give you a promising jobs and you will have to join the Masters degree too to get a good job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?