7th July 2017, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between MSc maths and MSc computer science?

I’m 2nd year BSc math student. I want to know about the difference in MSc math and MSc computer science. Which has better scope and what should I choose? Is it worth to go for post-graduation degree?

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between MSC IT and MSC cs(computer Science)?
  2. Difference between MSc after BSc and Integrated MSc?
  3. Difference between MCS and MSc(Computer Science)? Is Maths compulsory in 12th for getting admission in MCS/MSc?
  4. Which courses are available in Pune University after completing BCS in Pune
  5. List of courses that can be done in Assam after completing B.Sc(Chemistry) in Guwahati?
  6. Is Maths compulsory in 12th for MSc in computer science?
  7. How to do MSc Maths after completing BSc computer science?
  8. Is MSc Maths a good option after BSc Computer Science with 2 years of gap? How to prepare for the exam? Best colleges in Hyderabad to do MSc Maths? Career opportunities after doing MSc Maths except teaching?
  9. Is it possible to do MSc IT after BA? What is the eligibility for MSc IT? -- [New]
  10. Will I get admission in M.Sc Computer Science after completing B.Sc Maths? Job opportunities and percentage required to get admission in M.Sc Computer Science?
  11. Can I do MSc Computer Science in private after graduating in computer science?
  12. Can I do M.Sc in Maths having completed B.Sc. in Computer Science?
  13. Difference between Msc computer science and MTech computer science?
  14. Is B.Ed better than MSc? Can I start MSc in correspondence and B.Ed in regular?
  15. How to do M.Phil after completing MSc computer science?
  16. What to do MCA or M.Sc IT? Difference between both the courses? Benefits of M.Sc IT upon MCA?
  17. Is it a right choice to opt for MSc computer science after doing BCA? Which is better between MCA and MSc computer science?
  18. Can I do MCA after Msc? -- [Most Discussed]
8th July 2017, 04:58 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between MSc maths and MSc computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m 2nd year BSc math student. I want to know about the difference in MSc math and MSc computer science. Which has better scope and what should I choose? Is it worth to go for post-graduation degree?

MSc Mathematics is entirely different from MSc Computer Science. Candidates after completion of BSc Mathematics can pursue an MSc Mathematics course. MSc Mathematics course is useful for those who wish to pursue their career in the mathematics field. MSc Computer Science is a different course; it is useful for those who wish to pursue their career in the computer science field. Both the course syllabuses are entirely different. One cannot compare MSc Mathematics and MSc Computer Science.
10th July 2017, 10:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between MSc maths and MSc computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion for B.Sc course, you can do M.Sc course in Mathematics and Computer Science.

Difference between M.Sc in Mathematics and Computer Science is simple.

As per your graduation degree, you should go for M.Sc course in Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?