24th April 2016, 05:53 PM
chahat mittal

What to do after 12th to be an Architect? Best government college in Delhi for Architect?

Please tell me that what to do after 12th for fulfilling my aim to be an architect and which is the best government college in delhi for architecture?

Related Questions:
  1. Necessity of doing diploma for Architect? Is there any diploma course for Architect? Is it good to do B.Arch or M.Arch for becoming Architect?
  2. Best college for studying Architecture? Duration of the course? What is the payscale per month?
  3. Is it necessary to do Diploma for becoming Architect? Is it good to do graduation and post graduation in Architecture to become an Architect?
  4. How to become an Architect after passing 12th science? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is it possible to get admission in diploma architect after 10th? Entrance exams necessary for diploma architect admission in Mumbai?
  6. Best college for Diploma in Architect in Maharashtra?
  7. Can I become an architecture? What is the salary?
  8. Is there any job available for diploma architect in government sector
  9. Procedure to become a Naval Architect for 12th student? Should I have to appear in NATA?
  10. Can I pursue my career as Architect in US having experience as Freelance Architect in India?
  11. What is the education requirement to become an Architect in India
  12. Which is a good course for me between B.Arch and B.E Civil? Can an Architect become a builder?
  13. Procedure of getting admission in Diploma Architecture after Diploma Civil engineering?
  14. With Arts subject in 11th can I become an Architect?
  15. Is it possible for me to get a job right after completion of B.E EEE or doing PG course?
  16. Which subjects must be selected in 11th after passing 10th to become a scientist? What all must be done after that?
  17. Can I get a seat in karnataka Architect college after scoring 74% marks in 12th, NATA entrance? Can I get a government seat? What is the donation required?
  18. Can I pursue B.Architect after passing 12th?
24th April 2016, 11:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after 12th to be an Architect? Best government college in Delhi for Architect?

To pursue bachelor degree course in architecture of complete 5 years ,a candidate must have passed class 12th from recognised board with non medical stream with minimum 50% marks. You have to qualify the entrance exam such as NATA, joint entrance examination to get admission in top architecture colleges.

Best government colleges in Delhi to pursue the course in architecture:

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Sector 16c, Dwarka Delhi

Indira Gandhi National Open University Maidan Garhi, Delhi

Meerabai Polytechnic
Maharani Bagh Delhi

School of Planning and Architecture
4th block B Indraprastha estate, Delhi
24th April 2016, 11:27 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after 12th to be an Architect? Best government college in Delhi for Architect?

One who wishes to become an Architect needs to opt for B.Arch. course after passing 12th class.

Academic qualification required to get enrolled for the B.Arch. course is 12th class with at least 50% marks from a recognized central or state board.

The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects in 12th class to apply for the degree.

One needs to appear in any of the following entrance exams to get admission in the architectural engineering course,

AIEEE,

IIT-JEE,

State Level Entrance Exam

NATA

Best government college in Delhi for Architect :-

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Address: Sector 16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110078
Phone: 011 2530 2170

IGNOU - Indira Gandhi National Open University
IGNOU - Indira Gandhi National Open University Logo
Maidan Ghari, Delhi
Phone : (011) 29532741

Jamia Millia Islamia - JMI
76, Jamia Nagar
New Delhi, Delhi
Phone : (011) 26981717, 26984617, 26984658, 26988044, 26987183

Meera Bai Institute of Technology (Meera Bai Polytechnic)
Maharani Bagh,Delhi,
Phone : (011) 26913078, 26318828

School of Planning and Architecture - SPA
6886 , 4-Block-B, Indraprastha Estate
Delhi,
Phone : (011) 23702375 , 23702376
25th April 2016, 12:01 AM
pabolu srivalli

Architecture is also one of the bachelor degree course of study and this can be done after your 12th class or you can take up diploma in architecture also if you wants to do diploma.

There will be 5 years full time graduate Degree course in architecture is also available which can be done after your 12th class.and there are many entrance examinations are also available to take up this Architecture course and some of the entrance examinations available for architecture course are.
  • NATA National Aptitude Test in Architecture
  • AIEEE
  • IIT JEE

This bachelors degree in architecture is a 5 years course of study which is now available in many institutes so after your 12th appear for these entrance tests then you can enter in to the architecture course.

colleges for architecture in Delhi:
  1. Indira Gandhi National Open University
  2. Guru Gobind singh Indiraprastha University
  3. Jamia Millia Islamia
  4. School of Planning and architecture
  5. Meera Bai Institute of Technology

These are the government colleges for architecture in Delhi
25th April 2016, 12:22 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to become an architect after 12th:

To become an architect after 12th one must passed 12th with 50% marks or its equivalent examination with math as one of the study subject and he has cleared the NATA,an entrance exam for admission in B. ARCH courses.

Best government colleges in Delhi for architect:

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University

School of Planning and Architecture

Inddhira Gandhi National Open University

Meera Bai Polytechnic.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?