9th May 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

What to do after 12th? Should I go for Psychology or Mass Media?

i hav given my 12th xams dis year n m confused wat i shud do next. shud i go 4 psychology or 4 mass media m totally confused. plz help me n let me know about the career options in these fields along wid thier salaries............

6th September 2011, 12:26 AM
anshuljain143

Smile Re: What to do after 12th? Should I go for Psychology or Mass Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i hav given my 12th xams dis year n m confused wat i shud do next. shud i go 4 psychology or 4 mass media m totally confused. plz help me n let me know about the career options in these fields along wid thier salaries............

hiiiii
after 12 there was very confusing matters,after all in which u want to interest its all about your interest,and if go for salary/stipend matter there was a huge difference between two topics in psychology and for mass media,mass media is a overall going subject,mass media is evergreen subject and its should include some tresururable events, going on,then go for your interest, because in future your interest is support you nothing else.
28th May 2012, 12:21 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What to do after 12th? Should I go for Psychology or Mass Media?

Hi

If you have finished your Class 12th, then you have a lot of options opened up for you if you are a Science student, a few less options if you are a Commerce student and the least range of options compared to Science if you are an Arts student.

As you have put on your query as to you are interested in Psychology and Mass Media.
I am writing a few details about the subjects. Hope you would find this useful

If you take up Psychology, then you can become a Psychologist. But not a Psychiatrist. This is because you would not be recognized as a Doctor.

Still this course is interesting and respected in the market. You can go for this one and after studying this you can open your clinic or workplace and then practice the patients.
You would get pays of Rs. 100 per visit or 200. So the income would be proportional to the number of patients or candidates you treat.

Also keep in mind that there are not many people who consult a psychologist.

Coming to the Mass Media line you would see all the news channel, news papers, magazines, etc are having a boom in their readership. So there is considerably HUGE scope in this line.
If you be in Mumbai you would flourish like anything. This is because India is a very big country and so the scope or Mass Communication, Media and Journalism is also equally HUGE.

The pays would be in the range of 20000 to lacs. It depends on with which company or organization you work.

So now the decision is yours.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
28th May 2012, 11:07 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: What to do after 12th? Should I go for Psychology or Mass Media?

Hello Friend,

If you take up Psychology, then you can become a Psychologist. But not a Psychiatrist. This is because you would not be recognized as a Doctor.

Still this course is interesting and respected in the market. You can go for this one and after studying this you can open your clinic or workplace and then practice the patients.
You would get pays of Rs. 100 per visit or 200. So the income would be proportional to the number of patients or candidates you treat.

Also keep in mind that there are not many people who consult a psychologist.

Coming to the Mass Media line you would see all the news channel, news papers, magazines, etc are having a boom in their readership. So there is considerably HUGE scope in this line.
If you be in Mumbai you would flourish like anything. This is because India is a very big country and so the scope or Mass Communication, Media and Journalism is also equally HUGE.

Best Of Luck

GO with Your Interest...
Thank You!
5th June 2012, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to do after 12th? Should I go for Psychology or Mass Media?

hello,i have done passed my 12th in this may..with a score of 71.17% i have given an aptitude test thrice and all three times i got an option of Psychology and Management and my interest toward PSYCHOLOGY is alot..in the interest test i got almost a 10 in psychology.. and in my 12th result i scored the least in psychology that is 59. im nt an intelligent person just an average student. and according to me it makes no point doing a subject in wich im scoring the least.. and i dont like to do any bookish study i like to do practical study..and my parents suggested to do BMM. not that i dont like BMM its one thing dt i always had in mind to do..but at the same time psychology is also one stream i want to do..can u please explain me in detail that hw fast will i flourish and in what stream..and what is the best thing to do as im a Mumbaikar and wish to continue here only
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?