12th November 2015, 02:22 PM
abu33

What to do after B.Sc or B.Tech having a gap after 10+2?

I completed my 10+2 in march 2015 with 87% and dropped 1 year to prepare for competitive exam to join armed forces as an officer.But I was screened out two times in SSB intervews in OCT AND NOV 15. Now I'm thinking what to do and feeling totallly puzzled as i thought that i'll get selected but i didn't.Now in 2016 im going to take admission in any college but don't know what to do bsc or btech.

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in BSc after completing 12th? I have taken a gap of 1 year
  2. I took gap between 12th and Btech, will it affect my career? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I attend Mahindra-Satyam On-Campus drive if having 2 years of gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  4. If I have 1 year gap between intermediate and B.Tech will it affect me in the interviews? If yes then how should I tackle?
  5. What importance does the software companies give to year gap in academics?
  6. What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering? -- [New]
  7. What to say in the Interview if I have a gap of 4 years between 12th Class and B.Tech?
  8. Can I get good Job in Software Companies having an academic gap of 5 years between 12th Class and B.Tech?
  9. I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How can I get admission abroad to do Aerospace Engineering? What is the admission requirement to study abroad in Canada, USA, Britain?
  11. Am I eligible for campus placements in TCS if I have 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  12. How should I continue my career after having 4 years gap in between?
  13. How to proceed after completing B.Tech?
  14. Is it possible to get a job after completing B.Tech CSE 4 years back with 59.34%?
  15. What is the best answer that I can give being a candidate having 2 year academic gap after completion of 12th Class?
  16. Passing marks in MA(English) from Punjab university?
  17. Are candidates with backlogs in degree allowed to do masters?
  18. Career options after 12th from Science? Is it possible to change my stream after 10+2? What other streams I can choose?
12th November 2015, 07:05 PM
ant man

Default Re: What to do after B.Sc or B.Tech having a gap after 10+2?

No problem even after drop out you can do B.Sc or B.Tech.

You must write the engineering entrance exam to join in B.Tech where as there is entrance exam for doing B.Sc.

The eligibility for B.Tech is :
1. The candidate must have completed 12th PCM from a recognised board.
2. Otherwise candidate must have completed Diploma in engineering from a recognised board.
3. The candidates who have done B.Sc in maths related can also apply.
5. The age limit is 17 - 25 years.
6. The minimum marks required in 12th is 50%.
7. There are no marks restrictions for diploma and b.sc candidates.

Eligibility for B.Sc course :
1. You must have complete 12th from a recognised board.
2. There is no upper age limit for doing B.Sc course.
3. There is no marks percentage required in 12th to do the course.
4. In 12th you must have taken maths, physics and chemistry subjects only or its equivalent course.

Apart from them you can even do BCA course.
12th November 2015, 08:44 PM
maakaladla

I suggest you to choose B.tech rather than B.Sc
i say this because of following reason-
B.Tech give you technical hand and these are highly preferred by companies
B.Tech will give more salary
Syllabus of B.Tech is less
B.Tech give you a great carrier in the upcoming year
B.Tech holder get a foreign placement
salary package of B.Tech is more
12th November 2015, 09:51 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

It is not the time to get confused as it is the vital time to choose the career option. So according to me choose the course according to the stream and area in which you have interest.

As, you are also interested in the defense services there are many chance after the B.Sc or the B.tech through CDS examination to join the services as officer. So you can go with anyone.

If you have interest in the technical course go for the B.tech or other than this you can go with the B.Sc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?