19th September 2012, 11:36 AM
Raj Agrawal aka Golu

What do I need to do for IAS? I have cleared 12th class

Sir , I want to know that what I need to do for IAS.
I had cleared 12th class.
Plz summarize

1st October 2012, 01:45 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What do I need to do for IAS? I have cleared 12th class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Agrawal aka Golu View Post
Sir , I want to know that what I need to do for IAS.
I had cleared 12th class.
Plz summarize
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become IAS Officer you have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination. This examination is conducted every year.

If you have completed your Intermediate examination and your aim is to become IAS Officer, then you have to complete your graduation course first because Graduation is the minimum educational Qualification to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

Along with that your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates. The upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Preliminary examination was Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination, those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible for Main examination.

In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in main examination on the basis of Graduation. The Question Papers III to IX will be set both in Hindi and English.

Firstly you have to apply for the UPSC Preliminary examination and if you cracked this one then you are eligible for mains.

Notification Published in the month of February in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC official website. Eligible candidates may fill application form online from the official website.

Please complete your graduation course first and then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, if you need more details then please check official website.

upsc.gov.in
1st October 2012, 05:24 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Hello dear,

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.

good luck
1st October 2012, 07:32 PM
pink28

Dear friend,

Its nice to see that you are aspiring to become an IAS officer.

IAS is commonly known as Indian Administrative Services.
To become an IAs officer you need to clear UPSC Civil Services Examination.

You can sit for the exam provided you follow the eligibility norms:

** You must have completed your graduation in any stream.

** Final year candidates may also apply.

** Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

There is age relaxation given for reserved categories.
SC/ST- 5 yrs
OBC- 3 yrs
PH- 10 yrs

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.

There are 3 stages of examination:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview

According to latest pattern Preliminary exam is known as CSAT.

You have 2 papers in this:

General awareness
Aptitude test

If you fulfill these requirements you can fil the aplication form. Civil services exam is held every year.
For more Information log on to the official website:
www.upsc.gov.in/
1st October 2012, 11:29 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,

IAS stands Indian Administrative Service exam is conducted by UPSC

Eligibility criteria:-

You should be complete graduation or an bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible for this exam.

There is no required percentage to appear this exam.

Age criteria:-

For General candidates 21 years to 30years,

For OBC candidates 21 years to 33years,

For SC/ST candidates 21 years to 35 years.

Number of Attempts:-

4 times for general candidates,

7 times OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Selection steps:-

Civil services preliminary exam,

Civil services main exam,

Personal interview.

all the best...........
3rd October 2012, 09:30 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

yes , you have good choice for IAS exam because min qualification of IAS exam is a Graduation from a recognized university
So you have three years for duration , still now study about IAS entrance exam just one hour per a day to easily got a job in IAS

IAS Stands Indian Administration Services , It is a one of the Civil Service exam
Civil service exam conducted by UPSC in every year

IAS eligibility :

You must be a Indian
You must be complete degree in any stream from a recognized university
your age limit not more then 30 years & not less then 21 years for General candidates
age relaxation as per govt rules
3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates
5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Selection Process based on Three stages
one is preliminary exam , Main exam & Interview

Number of Attempts :

General Candidates : 4 Times
OBC Candidates : 7 Times
SC/ST Candidates : No limit

8th August 2015, 04:32 AM
Unregistered

Clear the processes of becoming the IAS
Step by step.
Example...12the
Graduations.. B.com, Ba, b.sc ,
Then aplly for upsc
Then preliminary exam
Main exam. With minimum marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?