17th December 2011, 06:05 PM

How to become an IAS after completing 12th? Which subjects should I select?

Sir, i want say that how to become ias i have completed my 12th class but i don't know which subject suitable for me to become ias.

17th December 2011, 09:19 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS after completing 12th? Which subjects should I select?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Sir, i want say that how to become ias i have completed my 12th class but i don't know which subject suitable for me to become ias.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service, To become IAS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination, This examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and this examination is Conducted in 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Preliminary examination is also called CSAT (Civil services aptitude test) and there are 2 papers in this examination and both are of same marks and duration, if you have cracked this examination only then you are eligible to appear for Main examination. Main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the Optional Subjects in Main examination on the Basis of Graduation.

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University and your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

General candidates will gets 4 Attempts to cracked this examination, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No limits for SC/ST Candidates.

So, To become IAS Officer you have to complete your Graduation and then you are eligible to apply for Civil services examination.

So please prepare well for Preliminary examination as per the syllabus and Pattern and only then you are eligible to appear for Main examination.

CSAT Examination Pattern :
-----------------------

About Notification :
-----------------

>> The Notification of this examination will be Published in the Month of December i.e on 04/Feb/2011 and the last date of apply for this examination is 05/March/2012 and the Preliminary examination will be held on 20/May/2012. So please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination and for more Information please check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
17th December 2011, 09:43 PM
why this kolaveri di

Default Re: How to become an IAS after completing 12th? Which subjects should I select?

hello friend,
No you are not eligible for IAS exams after completing 12Th.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.
The IAS exams are conducted by Union Public Service Commission in every year.

Eligibility Criteria:-

**Graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

**Age limit is 21 to 30years.

**You Attend 4 times for Civil exams for General category.

Selection Process:-

1.CSAT/Prelims
2.Mains exam
3.Interview

If you satisfy and fulfill the eligibility criteria and then apply for UPSC exams.
SO,first you do any stream of graduation and then apply.

For further details www.upsc.gov.in
Prepare well
all the best...............
18th December 2011, 11:12 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to become an IAS after completing 12th? Which subjects should I select?

Hi

IAS exam stands for the Indian Administrative Services. Its an All India level competitive exam which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to select officials for the Indian Administrative Services.

==> Its is one of the toughest and most reputated examinations in our country, because the competition is very high i.e the number of available seats are very few whereas the no. of applicants are very high.

Eligibility Criteria to apply for IAS Exam :

1. A candidate should be a graduate in any stream from a recognized college or university.

2. Final year appearing students can also apply for the IAS.

3. The age limits for applying in IAS are :

GEN = 21-30 years.
OBC = 21-33 years.
SC/ST = 21-35 years.

4. 4 attempts are granted to the GEN candidates, 7 to the OBC and unlimited number of attempts to the SC/ST candidates.

5. Also the candidate should be an Indian National.

If any candidate satisfies all the above mentioned criteria's then he/she is eligible to apply in the IAS.

--> Now as per your question, just after completing class 12th, you wouldn't be eligible to apply for the IAS. You must be a minimum graduate.

--> Also whatever stream you choose for your graduation, that kind of a similar stream you would have to choose for your IAS Mains.

So first of all complete your 3-4 years graduation in some stream which interest you.

To visit the official UPSC website, Please Click Here
All the best

Regards
#RJ#
28th December 2011, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

how and when to apply for CSAT?
19th March 2012, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Is engineering's subject tough to crack ias exam.
23rd September 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR,
I HAVE MORE INTEREST TO BECOME IAS OFFICER SO WHICH DEGREE I CAN CHOOSE AFTER COMPLETING IIPUC I AM TOTTALY CONFUSED OF SELECTING, SO PLEASE HELP ME SIR.
11th October 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am doing now B.tech 1st year mechanical engineering .which subject i m choose.and also tells that how to prepare now .
19th March 2014, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

sir i am totally confused about selection of my subjects. I am not so good in chemistry and physics and iam a bio student so which subjects are good for me to attend my graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?