14th January 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the duration for MCA course?

I was read from da newsppr i came to knw dat 20% seat r rsvrd for bca,B.Sc IT ,CS so i wnt to knw dat whtr dis news is crct or nt n if yes den frm which sesion dis vl aaply?

15th January 2013, 08:39 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the duration for MCA course?

MCA-MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS

MCA is a three year P.G. Degree course in Computer applications.

A candidate having passed three years Bachelor Degree in any discipline can seek admissions in first semester or can seek admission in third semester if he has passed APGDCA/APGDIT/ PGDCA/PGDCS or equivalent.

A student who has passed M.Sc. (Computer Science) or Master in Computer Science (MCS) or equivalent will get Admission in MCA 5th Semester.

After the successful completion of this course, you can get the a job of system operations programmer, website developer and system analyst.
15th January 2013, 08:41 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

MCA-MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS

A candidate having passed three years Bachelor Degree in any discipline can seek admissions in first semester or can seek admission in third semester if he has passed APGDCA/APGDIT/ PGDCA/PGDCS or equivalent.

A student who has passed M.Sc. (Computer Science) or Master in Computer Science (MCS) or equivalent will get Admission in MCA 5th Semester.

After the successful completion of this course, you can get the a job of system operations programmer, website developer and system analyst.
15th January 2013, 11:23 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

MCA Stands Master of Computer Applications

MCA is a Post Graduate course , it is a three years course ( Sex Semesters )

MCA Eligibility :

Candidates must be complete Graduation from a recognized university & complete 10+2 with maths

MCA Entrance Examinations :

ICET

IIT JAM

LUCSAT

WB JECA

List of Universities offering MCA Course :

Anna University

Osmania University

Kakatiya University

Nagpur University

Delhi University

Punjab University

Cochin University

18th January 2013, 08:51 PM
pinewood
Senior Member+

hi,,,

the duration for MCA course

1.list of univ. offering mca courses-
2.Kakatiya University
3.Delhi University
4.Anna University
5.delhi univ.
6.punjab univ.
7.cochin univ.
8.nagpur univ.

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18th January 2013, 11:45 PM
babanpreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was read from da newsppr i came to knw dat 20% seat r rsvrd for bca,B.Sc IT ,CS so i wnt to knw dat whtr dis news is crct or nt n if yes den frm which sesion dis vl aaply?
The duration for MCA is 3 years(6 semesters).

Most of the universities prefer to take admission to those students in MCA who have computer as compulsory subject in their graduation i.e. BCA,B.Sc(it),B.Sc(CS).But these courses are not essential requirement to do MCA.Now,many universities allow graduates without computer subject to do MCA
19th January 2013, 02:38 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nice to see your interest in the field of the MCA course. This course is duration of three years i.e six semester. Master of Computer Application (MCA) is the post graduate level degree which is totally related to the computer field. If you are interested in the computer field then MCA course is the best option for your brightness career.

Many government and private college offer MCA course. Some college take admission through the entrance examination while some college take admission on the basis of marks obtained in graduation degree. What is your qualification ? You not mention in the question. If you completed the BCA course then MCA is the best option for ahead career.

So, If you want to do MCA course then apply for the entrance examination of some good college like VIT, KIIT....etc. Wish you all the best for your ahead carrer.
28th April 2013, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Recently i have heard from many people that mca is gonna be 2 year course for Bca graduates from this year.Is it true?
Also i saw an ad of university on newspaper in which it was stated that mca is of 2 year for bca graduates.Please somebody confirm it
31st May 2013, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

I have do m.sc in maths bt i am not intrested in teaching field can i get job in software companes with gud payment
13th December 2020, 11:42 AM
amanmishra098

MCA Eligibility :
>Candidates must be complete Graduation from a recognized university & complete 10+2 with Maths.
>MCA Entrance Examinations :
>ICET
>IIT JAM
>LUCSAT
>WB JECA
15th December 2020, 01:02 PM
prynsh7

MCA course is a full-time degree course with a duration of 3 years 6 semesters of study covering various aspects of computational theory, programming, algorithm design, and optimization, network and database management, mobile technologies, electronics, mathematics, etc. The MCA course, therefore, aims at imparting comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and practice.

MCA Eligibility :
-Candidates must be complete Graduation from a recognized university & complete 10+2 with Maths.
-MCA Entrance Examinations :
-ICET
-IIT JAM
-LUCSAT
-WB JECA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?