20th November 2010, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Is there any other option to do MCA without having Maths? Duration and the total cost of the course?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have graduated in commerce with 71% in April . I already have 1 year experience as Desktop Engineer and currently i am working as Mail Admin. I would like to go for MCA, as one of the criteria for getting entry in MCA is having Maths sujbect in FY and SYJC here my problem lies, i did not have math instead i had SP(Secretarial Practice). I would like to know is their any other way or options that i can still go for MCA. Also the duration of the course in my case and approximate cost i would like to know. I would also like to know if MCA student has any better chances in western countries like France, Spain, Italy and US.
Any help in this case is apprecicated a lot. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Cosmile D'souza

11th June 2011, 06:39 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any other option to do MCA without having Maths? Duration and the total cost of the course?

The eligibility criteria for taking admission in MCA is as under-

1. A bachelor degree in any of the streams like BCA, B.Tech, BBA and B.Sc.
2. The applying students should also have mathematics as a subject in 10+2 level.

But some universities like Annamalai University, Chidambaram, is offering MCA through Distance Education even for students without maths in +2.

You have to undergo one week's programme there for getting admission.

The duration of the course is 2 years & it depends upon the college for the fees as every college has its own fee structure according to the facilities provided by them.

Yes, its quite sure that MCA candidates has better chances in western countries as they earn the most beneficial work experience that help the candidate to earn the most out of their job. Also the candidates can look out to properly shape their career that allows them to create more opportunities for themselves, acting as a long lasting boon to them.
15th November 2011, 11:08 PM
Beready

Default Re: Is there any other option to do MCA without having Maths? Duration and the total cost of the course?

hello friend,

no there is no option .
if you haven' maths in your +2 level then you can't do BCA ,
in simple if you don't have a math in BCA then you can't do MCA
so its necessary .
good luck.
7th May 2012, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

hello sir MCA entrance exam is not attend but MCA admission studying in any other options?
17th July 2012, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Do i have any chance to complete my 2 through distance education?
4th October 2013, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

What would be the approximate estimate to do MCA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?