25th September 2012, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility to appear for IIT JAM? I have completed graduation with Geology as a Major subject

I have completed my graduation in June 2012,with GEOLOGY as a major subject.
My aggregate percentage including all 3years is comming to be 54.35 and the eligibility for appearing is 55%.
Please suggest me your opinion about this.

THANK YOU.

Related Questions:
  1. Books to be referred for IIT JAM Geology? I am pursuing BSc in Geology
  2. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  3. What is the criteria for IIT JAM for Maths?
  4. Last years cutoff of IIT JAM Geology? Reference books for the exam?
  5. Which books to be referred for IIT JAM exam for Geology Subject?
  6. Can I apply for M.Sc in Geophysics after completion of B.Sc in Physics?
  7. What was the last year cutoff of IIT JAM in Geology?
  8. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  9. Do candidates of B.Sc in Maths, Physics and Chemistry eligible for M.Sc in Statistics?
  10. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  11. How to write IIT JAM Geology entrance exam? Books to be referred?
  12. Where can I get IIT JAM Geology model papers
  13. Previous years question papers of Geology in MSc for entrance exam of ISM IIT JAM? -- [New]
  14. Eligibility criteria for appearing in JAM examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I apply in IIT-JAM for M.Sc programme if secured 56% aggregate and achieved 1st rank in graduation?
  16. Any Geology IIT JAM coaching centers in Hyderabad? Previous question papers of geology
  17. How should I prepare for IIT JAM exam? I want to do MSc in applied Geology in IIT
  18. Previous years question papers for MSc in Physics?
15th March 2013, 06:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility to appear for IIT JAM? I have completed graduation with Geology as a Major subject

You can take this exam if you belong to SC/ST category. For the SC/ST candidates minimum of 50% marks only is required. If you do not belong to this category then certainly you cannot take the exam. You need to think of other career alternatives like going for MBA. Select the field in which you can excel.
19th July 2013, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility to appear for IIT JAM? I have completed graduation with Geology as a Major subject

can i appear JAM by taking geology as major and geography as past course?
19th August 2013, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

I take geology onerse and geography as pass subject ,can i abl to apper all the exams?
19th August 2013, 10:28 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
The IIT-JAM(Joint Admission test for Masters)is for the admission in Master's Degree programs like M.Sc,M.Sc-Phd and also other courses after B.Sc in the IITs & IISc.

The Eligibility Criteria for the IIT-JAM is as follows-:

For the admission in the IITs-:The minimum percentage of marks must be 55% for the General & OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST and Physically Handicaped candidates in the bachelor degrees as relevant to the subjects they are choosing.

For the IISc-:The General & OBC candidates must have secured First class and 50% for the SC/ST candidates in the bachelor degrees as relevant to the subjects they are opting for.

As you have 54.35% and if you belongs to the General/OBC category,you will not be eligible,but if you belongs to the SC/ST category then you are very much eligible for the IIT-JAM examination.

Good Luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?