28th November 2017, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

What is eligibility criteria to apply for Karnataka CET while doing 7th standard?

My son is studying in Bangalore from 7th std so I want to ask whether he will be able to appear Karnataka CET? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which his followed for the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria to take up Karnataka CET?
  2. What's the CET eligibility criteria for a non Karnataka candidate who have completed 10th std(ICSE) in AP?
  3. Can I apply for Karnataka CET as a Local candidate if studied 4 years in Singapore?
  4. What is eligibility criteria for common entrance test for MBBS in Karnataka?
  5. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET entrance exam? I have not studied in Karnataka but my mother has residential of Karnataka
  6. Eligibility criteria for Karnataka CET examination for those who have studied in Karnataka from class 9th to diploma
  7. What is the eligibility criteria for Karnataka CET?
  8. What is the eligibility for Karnataka CET
  9. eligibility criteria karnataka cet -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is my son eligible for Karnataka CET exam
  11. What are the eligibility criteria for CET, Karnataka? I have done schooling up to 7th std(CBSE board) from Saudi Arabia and planning to move to karnataka for further studies from 8th std to 12th through CBSE board
  12. What is the eligibility criteria for Karnataka CET?
  13. Last date to apply for Karnataka PGCET Exam? Eligibility criteria to apply for this Exam? Best course to choose in M.Tech being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Can I write KCET after studying till 7th in Karnataka and then moving outside karnataka?
  15. Eligibility to apply in Santoor Womens Scholarship 2018 for 11th Karnataka student? -- [New]
  16. What is the age required to get admission for 7th standard?
  17. What's the Eligibility criteria for CET entrance exam in Karnataka? Is a candidate completed SSLC in Karnataka and her IST and II puc studying in Maharashtra but residing in Karnataka, eligible for the same?
  18. Eligibility to pursue Karnataka CET for a student of Haryana?
29th November 2017, 10:12 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is eligibility criteria to apply for Karnataka CET while doing 7th standard?

Karnataka Common Entrance Test is the state level entrance exam for admissions in various undergraduate courses like Bachelor of Technology. The eligibility criteria for KCET is given as below:

Academic qualification:

Aspirant must have passed or appearing for board exam of senior secondary with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects.

The second essential criteria is that you should have studied English as one of the languages.

For open and OBC candidates, minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 is 45% and for SC/ST candidates, it is 40%.

Your son needs to first complete secondary then senior secondary to become eligible for Karnataka CET.
29th November 2017, 12:32 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is eligibility criteria to apply for Karnataka CET while doing 7th standard?

Karnataka CET ( Common Entrance Test ) is a state level entrance examination which is held by Karnataka Examinations Authority for offering admission in undergraduate technical and agriculture degree courses in various state government or private colleges of Karnataka.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility to appearing in Karnataka CET being a student of Class 7th then it is certainly not possible as same examination offers admission in undergraduate degree courses for which the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with at least 45% marks from a recognized board.

For more details and updates regarding Karnataka CET you can refer to the link www.kea.kar.nic.in .
29th November 2017, 04:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I think you are very much excited to appear in CET ( Common Entrance Test ). The examination is conducted for admission in government and private colleges of Karnataka in various courses.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed their 12th std.

So, you have to wait till completion of 12th std to appear in examination.
29th November 2017, 05:22 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

CET is an entrance exam for the graduation.

The eligibility criteria for the CET is as follows :

* The candidate has passed 12th from a recognize3d board.

* The candidate has attained the age of 17 years at least.

Since your kid doesn't have any of the above qualifications, he cannot appear for the CET for now.
29th November 2017, 06:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Karnataka CET stands for Karnataka Common Entrance Test and CETs are held for offering admission in various undergraduate technical and agricultural degree courses in colleges of Karnataka.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in KCET is a Class 12th with PCM group for admission in B.Tech degree where as for admission in Class 12th with PCM/PCB/PCMB group for admission in agriculture degree course from a recognized board. Further the minimum marks required in Class 12th is 45%.

So just being a student of Class 7th you are not eligible for appearing in KCET right now as you are not eligible for pursuing undergraduate degree course at present.
29th November 2017, 08:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to apply for Karnataka Common Entrance Test is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with minimum of 45% marks for general category candidates and 40% marks for reserved category candidates.

Your son is not eligible for KCET while doing seventh standard. He needs to complete secondary and senior secondary board examination.
29th November 2017, 08:47 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Sorry, to inform you that your son is not eligible to apply for KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Exam) after 7 th standard because to apply for KCET minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 in science stream with mathematics and physics subjects. Here below are details regarding eligibility conditions to apply for KCT Exam:-

- Applicant must be Indian citizen and must have done 10th from karnataka.

- Applicant must have studies English as one language till 10+2.

- Applicant must have score at least 45% marks aggregate in qualification exam, relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
29th November 2017, 10:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for Karnataka CET Exam, you must have passed 12th standard with PCB or PCM stream.

You can also apply for Karnataka CET Exam when you are in appearing in 12th standard.

As you are in 7th standard now, so firstly you should complete your 10th standard with prescribed subjects.

Then, complete your 11th and 12th standard with PCM or PCB stream.

PCM stream is chosen for pursuing engineering career while PCB stream is chosen for making your career in Medical field.
29th November 2017, 10:31 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for Karnataka CET examination, the candidate should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM or PCB stream from a Government recognised board. Since, your son is studying 7th standard in Bangalore, after completion of 12th standard, he is eligible to apply for Karnataka CET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?