26th January 2012, 03:16 PM
Mazin Mushtaq

What are the eligibility criteria for CET, Karnataka? I have done schooling up to 7th std(CBSE board) from Saudi Arabia and planning to move to karnataka for further studies from 8th std to 12th through CBSE board

My son studied 7 year in Saudi Arabia in CBSE and planning to move to karnataka for further studies from 8th std to 12th in CBSE, he has not taken kannada subject. What are the rules for taking CET exams.

I have completed my education till graduation in karnataka

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for Karnataka CET? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible for KCET after completing 1st to 7th standard in Delhi?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria to take up Karnataka CET?
  4. Is a candidate passed 12th CBSE board from Navi Mumbia, eligible for Karnataka CET? Family is now residing in Karataka
  5. How to apply for CET Karnataka and what documents are required for the same?
  6. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I'm a resident of mangalore in Karnataka and done schooling(CBSE) from Karnataka. How may I get application form and fee structure?
  7. Eligibility criteria to appear for the upcoming Karnataka CET exam?
  8. Eligibility for CET exam in 2013 after 11th and 12th from Andhra state board and 4th to 10th from CBSE?
  9. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET after completing education in Karnataka board? What are the requirements?
  10. Quotas and benefits available in Karnataka CET 2015? Date of examination in 2015?
  11. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I was born in Karnataka but I have done my schooling(up to 12th) from AP. My mother has done her education up to college from Karnataka
  12. ELigibility criteria for Karnataka CET for a Karnatak resident studying in Kerala?
  13. Possibility to get admission in 8th CBSE board for 7th ICSE candidate?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria for Karnataka CET?
  15. Whether my son can apply as local candidate in Karnataka CET 2016? -- [New]
  16. Can I appear for KCET? I have lived in Karnataka from 25 years
  17. Am I eligible to write CET exam for engineering? I am an NRI from Saudi Arabia
  18. Procedure for applying in CET karnataka?
10th November 2012, 04:03 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the eligibility criteria for CET, Karnataka? I have done schooling up to 7th std(CBSE board) from Saudi Arabia and planning to move to karnataka for further studies from 8th std to 12th through CBSE board

Hi There..!!

I am sorry to say, but if your son studies in Karnataka Now, he would not be eligible for Karnataka CET as he would not fulfill the condition of Clause code (A) which states that a candidate must have studies for at least 7 academic years in state of Karnataka and should pass +2 from any school /university of Karnataka .

Since, as you told your son has to start his 8th Standard, after completing his +2, he would not be eligible for Karnataka CET . Although he can try various other Entrance exams.
PS:- From 2013 , there will be one common Entrance Test.

All the best..!

Regards
Sammmy
5th June 2013, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the eligibility criteria for CET, Karnataka? I have done schooling up to 7th std(CBSE board) from Saudi Arabia and planning to move to karnataka for further studies from 8th std to 12th through CBSE board

I am an indian living in dubai for the past 8 years.My son who has born in chennai but was studying in dubai till grade 8 cbse moved to chennai for further classes from 9th till grade
12 .can he apply for tamilnadu medical admissions 2013 or tamilnadu engineering admissions?since he studied only for 4 years in chennai will he fulfill the anna university requirements of staying continuously in chennai for 5 years for being tamilnadu domicile?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?