28th November 2017, 01:23 PM
Yogesh2908

What is the process to do software engineering after completion of class 10th?

Hello, I passed class 10th with 7.2 CGPA from CBSE board and I want to do software engineering. I am not able to go to do 12th due to my Physical health. So how can I do software engineering? Can you please answer me back soon? Thanks!

29th November 2017, 07:34 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the process to do software engineering after completion of class 10th?

To do software engineering course after completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue 11th and 12th standard with PCM stream and B.E/ B.Tech course in IT/ CSE stream from a Government recognised institute. You have to appear in Engineering entrance examinations like JEE, KCET, etc., qualify the entrance examination and participate in the counselling process to get a seat for pursuing software engineering course.
29th November 2017, 08:48 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the process to do software engineering after completion of class 10th?

As you were unable to complete your 12th standard because of your physical health, so you can still do Software Engineering as your graduation.

For this, you will have to pursue Diploma course in IT (Information Technology) from any recognized Diploma institute.

After this, take lateral entry to any engineering college by passing lateral entry test and choose your branch as Software Engineering in the engineering college.

Here you will be directly admitted to second year of graduation course.

After pursuing this course for 3 years, you will become Software Engineer.
29th November 2017, 10:23 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Without 12th or equivalent course you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech or B.E course.

So, if you want to pursue software engineering course then it is mandatory to complete your 12th std with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.
29th November 2017, 12:38 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

As far as you are concerned about becoming a software engineer then I would like to let you know that for the same you will have to pursue Bachelor of Technology/Bachelor of Engineering (B.Tech/B.E.) degree course with Computer science or IT trade.

Further for pursuing same degree course you need to have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board. Students having equivalent degree i.e; diploma in engineering degree are also eligible.

So being a Class 10th passed student you first need to reappear in your Class 12th to complete your Class 12th followed by B.Tech/B.E. degree course for becoming a software engineer.

Also for pursuing B.Tech/B.E. degree course from top engineering colleges for having better job placement options you need to qualify entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE/CET, BITSAT, VITEEE, COMED-K, etc. .
29th November 2017, 12:48 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Process to do Software Engineering after completion of class 10th:-

B. Tech degree holders in Computer Science / IT are mostly preferred for the position of software engineers. For this you have to complete 12th class studies in Science. After intermediate, you must qualifying the engineering entrance exam are admission to B.Tech course. The exams are conducted at all India basis and at state level. Both mechanical and software engineering offer enough opportunities. These courses can be pursued by IIT,s, DU or Punjab Technical University.
29th November 2017, 04:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The minimum required qualification to get admission in engineering course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidates are also eligible to get admission in B.Tech course after their diploma course through LEET.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course after 10th std and have to pursue the minimum criteria to get admission.
29th November 2017, 05:30 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

For engineering the minimum eligibility criteria is :

* 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics froma recognized board.

* 17 years of age at least.

You can do 12th from the NIOS if you are not okay with the regular mode.
29th November 2017, 06:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 10th passed candidate and having not cleared your Class 12th till now you are not eligible for becoming software engineer unless you complete your Class 12th followed by Bachelor of engineering/technology degree course.

Further for pursuing Bachelor of engineering / technology degree course you need to qualify your Class 12th with PCM group with 45% marks ( 75% for admission in top engineering colleges like CFTIs, BITS, etc. .) from a recognized board. Also for admission in top engineering colleges you need to qualify various engineering entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE/CET, BITSAT, etc . .
29th November 2017, 10:37 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The required qualification to get admission in the engineering course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

So, you have to first complete your 12th std with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and then only you will become eligible to get admission in the software engineering course.

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in 11th after scoring 7.2 CGPA in 10th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?