27th January 2018, 02:38 PM
ZafHudda

What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University?

I passed my Higher Secondary school with Arts stream at a percentage of 60% from Bihar School Examination Board. Am I eligible for Aligarh Muslim University B.Com entrance test and pursue B.Com there? Kindly answer.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University?
  2. Procedure to get admission in B.Com at AMU? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Eligibility criteria for admission in MA Arabic at Aligarh Muslim University?
  4. Previous year question paper for M.D in Unani for Aligarh Muslim University
  5. Is Maths compulsory in 12th to study BCom(H) in Aligarh Muslim University?
  6. When the notification of Aligarh Muslim University PhD(Urdu) will be released? Eligibility to apply?
  7. Eligibility criteria for admission in M.A.(Arabic) at Aligarh Muslim University? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. When will the PGT exam be held? What is the eligibility criteria? I did my MSc and M.Phil in Zoology from Aligarh Muslim University
  9. Whether Aligarh Muslim University offers BBA or not? If yes, what is the admission procedure?
  10. Eligibility criteria to do PhD after MA Political Science from Aligarh Muslim University?
  11. How many seats are available for Diploma in Dialysis Techniques course in Aligarh Muslim University? Eligibility to apply?
  12. Can I get a job after completing B.Sc Mathematics from Aligarh Muslim University? What job will I get?
  13. Cutoff rank required in entrance exam to get BTech admission in Aligarh Muslim University? -- [New]
  14. Eligibility to get PhD in Business Administration admission in AMU?
  15. Cutoff marks required in AMUEEE to get admission in Aligarh Muslim University?
  16. Procedure for direct admission for MBBS course at AMU?
  17. What kind of benefit I will get to study B.Tech if pursuing 12th Science in Aligarh Muslim University?
  18. Am I eligible to get Lateral Entry in Aligarh Muslim University for pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science?
31st January 2018, 10:20 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University?

No, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in B.Com course in Aligarh Muslim University.

The university conducts entrance test for admission in course. The common eligibility for admission to course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Commerce stream or Science stream.

For detail information about university admission procedure visit at http://www.amu.ac.in.
31st January 2018, 10:56 AM
c.vijendra
Member+

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University?

Eligibility criteria for B.Com ( Honours) from AMU-

Education - Should have passed 12th with commerce stream with at least 55% marks. The marks would be calculated on the aggregate of English, Accounts and any two of the subjects from Economics, Business studies, Business Studies , Business Organization , Commerce , Banking ,Entrepreneurship, Mathematics & statics.

Age - Maximum age limit is 24 years.

Relaxation is applicable as per the government norms for reserved category candidates.
31st January 2018, 06:29 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Com course in Aligarh Muslim university, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board. Admissions in B.Com course are done through entrance examination/ admission test conducted by the Aligarh Muslim university.
31st January 2018, 07:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with Arts stream you are not eligible for pursuing B.Com from Aligarh Muslim University as for appearing in AMU entrance examination for admission in B.Com you are required to have completed your Class 12th in Commerce stream with at least 55% marks from a recognized board.

For more details regarding AMU UG admission test you can refer to the link www.amucontrollerexams.com.
31st January 2018, 08:26 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University:

There is a certain educational qualification required to pursue B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University.

The admission into this course is generally done on the basis of the admission test that is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University.

<> You must have completed Higher Secondary course or its equivalent with minimum 55% marks in English and Accounts and two subjects in any of the below mentioned streams.
* Business Organization
* Economics
* Mathematics
* Statistics
* Commerce
* Banking

Or else,

<> You must have completed Diploma in Secretariat Practice Examination of that university with minimum 55% marks

<> As you have scored more than what is required, I can say that you are certainly eligible to pursue this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?