13th April 2018, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

Is Maths compulsory in 12th to study BCom(H) in Aligarh Muslim University?

Hello, I have applied for BCom(H) at Aligarh Muslim University. But I didn't have Mathematics in 12th standard. So, should I leave Maths part in my entrance exam of AMU? Or is it compulsory to have Mathematics in 12th for doing BCom(H) in AMU?

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of benefit I will get to study B.Tech if pursuing 12th Science in Aligarh Muslim University?
  2. Procedure to get admission in B.Com at AMU? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Aligarh Muslim University B.Com entrance exam paper for admission session 2018
  4. Is it compulsory to appear entrance exam for study Master of Finance and Accounting in Aligarh Muslim University? Can I get fee concession? Total fee expenses of this course?
  5. How may I get proper guideline and study material for Ph.D entrance exam? I am masters in maths from Aligarh Muslim University
  6. Detailed procedure to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University for 12th Science student?
  7. What are the courses available to study in Aligarh Muslim University for 12th Arts student?
  8. Am I eligible to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University if pursuing 12th Commerce with Hindi?
  9. Best subject combination for B.Com available at Aligarh Muslim University?
  10. How can I get Lateral Entry to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University being a Polytechnic IT holder?
  11. How can I get admission in 11th standard of Aligarh Muslim University being a 10th ICSE candidate?
  12. What is the last date to fill the forms of B.E in AMU?
  13. Cutoff rank required in entrance exam to get BTech admission in Aligarh Muslim University? -- [New]
  14. Can I get admission to do B.Sc in Aligarh Muslim University if completed 12th with compartment in Maths?
  15. What should I do to get M.Sc(Maths) admission in Aligarh Muslim University?
  16. Whether NIOS student is eligible to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University?
  17. Cutoff marks required in AMUEEE to get admission in Aligarh Muslim University?
  18. List of specializations available to study in B.Tech at Aligarh Muslim University?

15th April 2018, 03:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory in 12th to study BCom(H) in Aligarh Muslim University?

No, the Mathematics subject in 12th standard is not mandatory to study B.Com (H) course in Aligarh Muslim university. To get admission in B.Com (H) course in Aligarh Muslim university, you have to appear in admission test conducted by AMU.

You should have passed 12th standard with Commerce stream or an equivalent examination with not less than 55% marks in aggregate of English and Accounts and two subjects from amongst Economics, Business Studies, Business Organization, Commerce, Banking, Entreprenuership, Mathematics and/or Statistics.

15th April 2018, 04:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory in 12th to study BCom(H) in Aligarh Muslim University?

As far as you concerned about the minimum education required for admission in AMU ( Aligarh Muslim University ) for pursuing B.Com (H) degree then it is a higher secondary school degree with at least 55% marks with the subject combination which includes English, Accounts and any two of the subjects from Economics, Business Studies, Business Organization, Commerce, Banking, Entrepreneurship, Mathematics & Statistics from a recognized board of education.

So, far as you are concerned about the compulsion of Mathematics at Class 12th level for admission in B.Com (H) degree in AMU then it is not required if you satisfy the required subject combination mentioned above.

For more details regarding AMU entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.amucontrollerexams.com.

23rd June 2021, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

In my class 12th my subjects was English Banking business organization Commerce and Hindi but i don't have mathematics or statistics can i take admission in Amu for b.com hons.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?