21st May 2013, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for CTET exam?

Sir please clarify that those who has completed their B.Ed.from distance mode are eligible or not to appear in CTET examinatio?

22nd May 2013, 10:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for CTET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir please clarify that those who has completed their B.Ed.from distance mode are eligible or not to appear in CTET examinatio?

The Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi will be conducting the Central Teacher Eligibility Test CTET for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for classes I to VIII

There are two types of Exams conducted by TET :-

Primary stage(For becoming teachers from class I to V).
Elementary stage(For becoming teachers from class VI to VIII).

If you have completed 12th or its equivalent exam from recognized board with above 50% marks then you are applicable for Primary stage TET exam.

If you have completed Graduation degree from recognized University are applicable for Primary stage TET exam .

If your distance education is recognized then you can apply on C-TET exam .

Best Books for C-TET Exam

CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test 2011: Social Studies/Social Sciences Teacher For Class VI - VIII (Paper - II) 1st Edition
Add to My Wishlist
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant (2012)

CTET Social Studies Class 6 - 8 (Paper - 2)
Add to My Wishlist
Author: Anil Teotia, R.P. Singh
Publisher: Unique Publisher (2012)

Last date of submission application is over .Tha exam date for C-TET Exam is given below-

Date of Examination : July 28, 2013 (28.07.2013 )

Paper- I
Exam time: 09.30 to 12.00 hours (2.30 hours)

Paper- II
Exam time:14.00 to 16.30 hours (2.30 hours)

For more details of C-TET Exam , you may log onto www.ctet.nic.in
22nd May 2013, 10:29 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Central Board of Secondary Education Delhi conducts entrance exam for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET).

CTET in compulsary for students which wants to in teaching field.Application form for CTET 2013 are now closed.Date for Submission of On-Line Application was: 15.03.2013 to 16.04.2013.

For more information visit official website of CTET for next year-
http://www.ctet.nic.in

1. Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V:

you have Senior Secondary with minimum 50% marks.
OR

you have Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.

Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII:

you have Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
OR

you have Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education .
OR
B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed student can also apply.
Last year student of these degree programs student cal also apply for CTET.
22nd May 2013, 12:23 PM
lakshmi dhana

Hello,

I have attached all the details about CTET exam...

CTET Eligibility Minimum Qualifications for Classes I-V:

Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education (or its equivalent) OR Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education (or its equivalent), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations 2002 OR Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) OR Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education)* Note: (i) Relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying marks at BA/B.Sc./Senior Secondary level is admissible for SC/ST/ Differently abled Candidates. (ii) For this year only, a candidate with BA/B.Sc. with at least 50% marks and B.Ed qualification shall also be eligible for test for classes I to V, provided he/she undergoes, after appointment, an NCTE recognized 6-month special program in Elementary Education.

Minimum Qualifications for Classes VI-VIII:

B.A./B.Sc/B.Com and passed or appearing in final 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education* (or its equivalent) OR B.A./B.Sc/B.Com with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 – year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)* OR B.A./B.Sc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1 – year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)*, in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard. OR Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)* OR Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year BA/B.Sc. (Ed) or B.A. (Ed.)/B.Sc. (Ed.)* OR B.A./B.Sc/B.Com with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 – year B.Ed. (Special Education)* * A diploma/degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However, in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered. Note: Relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying marks at BA/B.Sc./Senior secondary level is admissible for SC/ST and Differently abled Candidates.s
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Adv_CTET-JULY2013.pdf(236.5 KB, 108 views)
22nd May 2013, 12:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

CTET is conducted by CBSE for recruiting teachers in Central Government schools.

You must have B.Ed or its equivalent qualification for this examination.

Those who have done Elementary Teachers Training are also eligible to apply for this examination.

The examination is conducted for two Categories:

For Class I - V

For Class VI - VIII

The question paper will be different for both categories.

So if you have the Graduation or Post Graduation with B.Ed qualification then you can apply for CTET.

For more information visit http://www.ctet.nic.in

You can also download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Adv_CTET-JULY2013.pdf(236.5 KB, 83 views)
22nd May 2013, 01:42 PM
a k 47

ELIGIBILITY

The following persons are eligible for appearing in the CTET

1. Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V: Primary Stage

Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.

OR
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.

OR
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).

OR
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
OR
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education.

So,these are the basic criteria for CTET. You must fullfill this criteria.
22nd May 2013, 02:28 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) is mandatory to be cleared by candidates who wish to apply for teacher's job in central government schools. It includes Kendriya Vidhyalaya, Tibetan Schools and any other school which is funded by the central government.

This exam is made mandatory to improve educational standard in government schools. Earlier Bachelor of Education degree was the only criteria to become school teacher.

But various indicators suggested poor quality of teaching in government schools. Ministry of Human Resources and Development figured out that CTET exam and made it mandatory. At the same time the state governments were also issued notification to introduce a similar exam.

You can appear for the exam after completing B.Ed. The degree could be completed through distance education. Only condition is that your degree should be completed from a recognized college.

CTET Eligibility

1. Exam is open for Indian citizens.

2. Those who want job in central government schools should apply.

3. Must have a bachelor degree from recognized college.

4. 50 percent marks in graduation.

5. Bachelor of Education degree is also mandatory.

6. There is no upper age limit for CTET.

7. No limit on number of attempts.
22nd May 2013, 07:05 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CTET(Central Teacher Eligibility Test) is conducted by various state governments for recruiting government teachers in governments schools of their state.As you have completed your B.ED(Bachelor degree in Education) from correspondence mode thus you will able to apply for this exam but the only condition is that your degree should be approved from the NCTE.

There are two levels of exams for which you can apply through this exam.These are :-
~Elementary stage.
~Primary stage.
Eligibility for Primary stage
  • This exam is taken for becoming teacher of class I to V.
  • Minimum academic qualification requirement is Intermediate passed out in any discipline from recognized university/board.
  • Additional degree required is 2 years diploma degree in Elementary education/1 year B.ed Degree from recognized university.
  • Your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 60%.
  • Your minimum marks in Diploma degree should be 50%.
Eligibility for Elementary stage
  • This exam is taken for becoming teacher of class VI to VIII.
  • Minimum academic qualification required is Graduation passed in specified stream from recognized university/board.
  • You should also have a B.ED degree of 1 year from recognized university.
  • Your minimum marks in Graduation should be 50%.
  • Your minimum marks in B.ED should be 45%.

23rd May 2013, 01:20 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of CTET is Central Teachers Eligibility Test.

Let me tell you that Central Teachers Eligibility Test is organized for those candidates who wish to be a teacher in future.

The educational qualifications regarding with Central Teachers Eligibility Test are prescribed as below:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in any curriculum with 50% marks from any approved institution.

# Bachelor of Education degree is necessary for this exam.

# Upper age criteria is not required for this exam.

# No. of attempts is not required.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

Thanks.
23rd May 2013, 01:20 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should be Indian.

Candidate should complete the Graduation from recognized University.

He should have min 50% of marks in Graduation.

Bachelor of Education degree is also mandatory.

There is no upper age limit for CTET.

No limit on number of attempts.

Best Books for CTET:

23rd May 2013, 08:02 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

CTET- Central Teacher Eligiblity Test

CTET exam conduct to recurit the eligible teachers for class 1st to class 8th.

CTET Age eligibility -->

There is no age limit to appear in the CTET. You can appear in CTET exam as many times as you want.

Qualification Eligibility-->

CTET Paper I for Class I-V -->

Candidate should be pass in 10+2 with minimum 50% marks or should have two year diploma course in Elementry education.
or candidate should have graduate degree with minimum 50% marks or those who are appearing in first year of B.Ed course are also eligible for CTET exam.

CTET Paper II for Class VI-VIII --> Minimum qualification is -->

Candidate who have graduate degree or those who are appearing in final year of two year Diploma course in Elementary Education or those who have appeard in first year of B.Ed. course
are eligible to appear in CTET exam.

All the best..............................
23rd May 2013, 03:50 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

:::::::::::Eligibility for CTET::::::::::::::::

25th June 2016, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

I got 2-year B Ed degree under distance mode.Am I eligible to apply for CTET?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?