24th July 2013, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for government job?

ug courses done in distance education eligibility for government jobs. now government had laid that degree done in distance are not eligible please send reply soon to my mail [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility for government job?
  2. How to get a railway government job after passing final year BCA? What is the eligibility
  3. What is the eligibility for government job?
  4. Can I get a Teacher post in government sector if done PG Diploma in Educational Administration & Supervision? -- [New]
  5. Can I get any government or MNC job after scoring 56% in 12th CBSE board exam? What is the eligibility criteria?
  6. Government job after B.E. (E&C)?
  7. For which government job can I apply as per my qualification and age?
  8. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  9. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  10. Am I eligible for a government or a lecture job in a Government College after completing MCA and 1 year job?
  11. Eligibility criteria to get a job in government side after ECE? What are the skills required?
  12. Opportunities available in government sector after finishing B.E from Anna University? Which are the government exams?
  13. What to study to get government job? Way to get government job after +2?
  14. Which is important course for government job? What can I do now for job?
  15. Can I apply for government job after passing from UGC approved university? What can I do to be eligible for government job?
  16. Which is better between B.Tech Agriculture and BTech Food Technology? What should I do to get a government job? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is there any chance to get a government job after passing B.E CSE from Anna University Affiliated College? Are there any exams conducted for that? Details about all the government exams?
  18. Is there any possibility to get a government job after doing B.E CSE from Anna University? Which are the entrance exams?
28th March 2015, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility for government job?

I am juveriya plz tell me graduate from distance education is eligible for govt jobs in telangana Hyderabad 2015???
13th April 2015, 06:52 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ug courses done in distance education eligibility for government jobs. now government had laid that degree done in distance are not eligible please send reply soon to my mail [email protected]
If you have done your undergraduate course from a recognized university or UGC Approved University, then definitely you are eligible for both Government & Private jobs. To be eligible for a government job, you must have completed your 3 year degree course from a recognized university. If you have done your 3 year distance education from UGC Approved university & DEC Approved then definitely you are eligible for both state and central government jobs.

Most of the private companies do not prefer candidates who have done education through distance mode. They most preferred regular degree course candidates.

To apply for all the states & Central government jobs, you must have completed your 3 year degree course either regularly or from the distance education mode. Make sure that your degree must be approved by DEC or by UGC, because UGC and DEC Approved university degree are valid for all the government and private jobs.

So, please do not worry if your degree is approved by DEC (Distance Education Council) OR from UGC (University Grant commission), then you are eligible for government jobs.

If you want to get details regarding upcoming government recruitment, then please check the employment newspaper regularly.
14th April 2015, 02:12 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

For different government jobs there is different eligibility criteria . And as you have not mentioned about the particular jobs . So it is difficult but the generally large number of state /Central government are on the graduation basis .

Even the candidates who have done the undergraduate courses are in Distance Learning are also applicable for the jobs .

For upcoming examination keep on going through employment news .
14th April 2015, 06:04 PM
poojasingh151

Quote:
The eligibility for different government job is different. It is not same for every government job exam.

Yes, there was recent modification regarding degree validation. The institute from which you have obtained the degree must be approved and recognized by University Grants Commission.

If you have obtained your degree in distance mode, it must be approved by Distance Education Council and UGC.

The minimum requirement for most of the government jobs is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates are also eligible for some of the government exams.

So if your institute is approved by UGC and DEC, you are eligible for the government entrance exams.
15th April 2015, 02:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you have done bachelor's degree in distance mode, your degree is valid only when your university is approved by

1. University Grants Commission.

2. Distance Education Council, New Delhi.

If your university is approved by these two organizations, then your degree is valid for any government job provided that you satisfy the educational qualification and age criteria.
2nd April 2016, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I have done diploma in mechanical engg..and then got admission in b.sc IT through lateral entry which is a distance education course ...am I eligible for studying abroad
13th August 2016, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

I need to know about if I have done 10th from any open school . Will it valid for gov job ? Please suggest me.
22nd August 2019, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

I have done MBA with 77percent and ma with 50percent marks. And want to do govt job, am I eligible or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?